Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,101  
^ This. I would not want to live in any region where the majority of the population isn't educated with at least a high-school diploma. Such regions and neighborhoods generally represent very high-crime areas. I'm not pretending correlation is causation, but correlation is there, nonetheless.
A high school diploma can be worthless if the education system, often funded by taxes, is poor. But it doesn't necessarily correlate with high-crime in rural areas.
In Mississippi it seems everybody gets a high-school diploma. But the general population I interact with here in stores etc. is far below most of Northern Virginia.
I've had a store clerk ask me where I was from. When I replied "Vermont" they asked "What state is that in?".
My BIL, who has lived here all his life and is a medical Doctor has 3 children, now adults. About 15 to 20 years ago they were in local high schools. They were not allowed to use computers (which they had) because most of the students did not have them at home. So the students graduating with a HS diploma at that time were often computer illiterate.
But they are still for the most part honest diligent citizens.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,102  
I've had a store clerk ask me where I was from. When I replied "Vermont" they asked "What state is that in?".
I still have that question about Canada.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,103  
Then there's the political 'Where are you from?'. (but I'll be non specific, I promise.)

Several years ago we flew to India to visit Younger Daughter who was in New Delhi for her university 'semester abroad'. On the way, we laid over a day in Hong Kong, a place I've always wanted to see after years working alongside someone whose family (wealthy Chinese) scattered all over the globe, when the lease of HK to the Brits ended.

As we waited around in the HK airport before departure, an employee, obviously a tourism greeter and effortlessly sophisticated dealing with visitors from all over the world, said 'Americans, no?' to start a conversation.

I replied so long as this guy is president we'll just say Californians.

Got a big surprised grin out of him. He was too polite to continue the topic but we obviously made his day.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,104  
Then there's the political 'Where are you from?'. (but I'll be non specific, I promise.)

Several years ago we flew to India to visit Younger Daughter who was in New Delhi for her university 'semester abroad'. On the way, we laid over a day in Hong Kong, a place I've always wanted to see after years working alongside someone whose family (wealthy Chinese) scattered all over the globe, when the lease of HK to the Brits ended.

As we waited around in the HK airport before departure, an employee, obviously a tourism greeter and effortlessly sophisticated dealing with visitors from all over the world, said 'Americans, no?' to start a conversation.

Got a big surprised grin out of him. He was too polite to continue the topic but we obviously made his day.
Just can't resist can you...

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #2,110  
Then delete your political post.
Wow.

Is this the post in question?

Define "several years ago" to an exact timeframe.

Reveal the identity of "this guy".

I think we are on a cusp of sensitivity related not what is posted, but who is posting it.