Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,411  
Several medical companies I do business with left California for Nashville greater area and are very pleased...

They ship all over the country so no real reason to be in California...

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,412  
The cost of homes in Nashville has nothing to do with the music industry millionaires?
Nah, none of the country music people live in Nashville. They live in Franklin, Brentwood or Hendersonville. Kind of like Hollywood. No stars live there.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,413  
I guess if you live in the city you wouldn't need a tractor. I don't think I could handle it.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,414  
I guess if you live in the city you wouldn't need a tractor. I don't think I could handle it.
I lived in a "city" of about 100k in my 20's. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Owned my own house but my alarm clock woke up the neighbor. Now I can't see another house from mine.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,415  
Nah, none of the country music people live in Nashville. They live in Franklin, Brentwood or Hendersonville. Kind of like Hollywood. No stars live there.
Re moving to Nashville, I was just reading something related.

Per this chart, 63,000 people, 9% of the total population in Nashville, is millennials (25~44) who moved there in 2022.

Same chart, CA's Silicon Valley (SF region) has side-by-side cities that each are near the top of that chart. There, 35,000 millennials arrived in 2022 comprising 13% of the population.

This chart is somewhat clickbait Junk Science, it doesn't reference net arrival/departures.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,416  
I don't know... Olympia is moving towards mandatory business license for residential rentals and all that entails being a WA business plus annual inspections and a new level of regulations and rules and people to hire to run it...

It's similar to many SF Bay Area cities... so while it may start in California it seldom stays here.
I already have to have a business license for one of my rentals. There are no requirements other than I pay the yearly $75. It is just a money grab.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,417  
In the town near us, landlords have to register. It costs five bucks.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,418  
But actually, they are not lying in it. The very people who made California what it is today are making mass exodus of the state and going everywhere, but to California.
Up here Jeff Bezos moved to Florida (I believe) in part to avoid our "new" capital gains tax. He saved $1.1 billion already. Good for him.

By selling approximately $15.7 billion worth of Amazon stock before the new state capital gains tax took effect, Bezos saved nearly $1.1 billion in taxes. Relocating to Florida ensures that future stock sales won’t be subject to Washington’s capital gains tax, providing Bezos with significant tax savings.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,419  
In Oakland it amounts to thousands due each year... part Gross Receipts Tax and part Registration and Part Rent Control with a new one registering all occupants of your residential rentals with the city including move in and rent paid...

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #3,420  
Yikes!