Replacing Cylinder Head on Fx165 - 3TN75u-NB

/ Replacing Cylinder Head on Fx165 - 3TN75u-NB #1  

emlmarck

Tractor
Fx165D
Hello,

I pulled the head on my beloved Yanmar tractor to replace the head gasket and found a crack in the head. I guess the mechanic was impressed with how beat up it was. In any case, Id love to swap it out with an undamaged head - having a hard time tracking one down.

I have narrowed my options down to 3 possibilities to get this tractor put back together:

1) Someone on this forum has a head that matches my machine or a scrap tractor that they want to sell me?

2) I reach a salvage yard in japan who can find me the part and ships it internationally.

3) I swap out parts (whole engine?) with the John Deere version of this engine (3TN75rj) made for the John Deere 855 tractor or 1145 mower. The block is the same the John Deere version has a "Direct Injection" system with different injectors, pistons, exhaust manifold etc...

As of now, #3 is my best option since i know i can find parts for that model Yanmar engine in the USA. Has anyone attempted anything like this?

Anyone got a cylinder head that matches mine?

Thanks!

cylinder head from John Deere version: Yanmar 3TN75 head | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0564.png
    IMG_0564.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • YANMAR ENGINE 3TN75 PARTS MANUAL.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
   / Replacing Cylinder Head on Fx165 - 3TN75u-NB #3  
Option 2 is very possible from Japan or Greece.

From Greece, they are vented by a few orders already from the community members on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, link in my signature below. They have more F & FX machines pulled from Japan than the YM series. They do ship International. 14-days to Australia and 13-days to USA. Their info is in the WIKI Parts Network section.

BTW, did you reach out on that WIKI to all of the USA facilities first? Other than free manuals, we have an extensive listing for the parts network. Both N.A. and globally.