Relocate seat on Kubota B7800

/ Relocate seat on Kubota B7800 #1  

rfkulka

Tractor
John Deere 650
A recently acquired B7800 is a little short of leg room causing discomfort. The adjusting rails on which the seat is mounted do not got back far enough to alleviate the problem. Is anybody aware of an aftermarket kit or what options may be available to get a little more room without fabricating a new set of rails. The mounting brackets under the seat are adjusted to their full capability. I'm certain this must be a common problem because I'm only six feet tall. Any advice or direction will as always be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray K

/ Relocate seat on Kubota B7800 #2  
The original seat on my B7800 was very uncomfortable. It was sloped forward and I was always sliding to the front of the seat. I'm six foot tall also. If your Kubota B7800 has the original seat Kubota sells a better replacement.

/ Relocate seat on Kubota B7800
Thanks whistlepig. Went to the dealer today....worthless trip. On the mounting bracket on top of the sliding rails an identical hole was drilled on both sides of the bracket approximarlyl 4"s to the rear of the existing pins and fitted with a piece of round stock long enough to protrude beyond the bracket sides to accept and fit through the holes on the brackets mounted to the underside of the seat. Problem solved except for the switch which engages when the seat is lifted to allow the tractor and ptos to continue running when the operator is off the machine. I can live without the switch or tape it closed if the need develops. Hopefully this little bit of ingenuity will assist another member.

• Good Post
Reactions: DHD
   / Relocate seat on Kubota B7800 #4  
I too found the factory seat on my 7800 uncomfortable and too far forward. About a year and a half ago I bought an economy model suspension seat to ease the ride and improve the forward slant situation. It worked well, gave me some additional knee room, but the low quality vinyl did not hold up.

I still had the original seat so I adapted it to the suspension frame. I moved the seat as far back as practical and changed the forward slope to what was good for me with some custom brackets.

This works well for me.

Attachments

• DSCN0779.jpg
    DSCN0779.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN0778.jpg
    DSCN0778.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 309
   / Relocate seat on Kubota B7800 #5  
I realize this thread is about 10 years old, but thought I'd add the recent seat location modification I did on my B7800.
A wihile back I replaced my original B7800 seat with a seat from Tractor Supply, A Country Line 530000BK-CNL
for Kubota tractors. The seat is okay but would be better for me if it was mounted higher and farther back to give me more leg room.

There are two small angle iron brackets that are bolted to the bottom of the seat. I replace those smaller angle iron brackets with two modified
2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x1/8" angle iron bracket.

After installing the larger modified angle iron, I jumpered the safety switch because the higher mounted seat would not depress the switch.
I think I can attach a space filler to the bottom of the seat that'll depress the switch. Still a work in progress modification,
This mod. kicked the seat back a little over 2" and raised the height about 1-1/2". My cab limited how much father back I could move the seat.
That small seat relocation gave me the needed leg room I'd been searching for.

Attachments

• B7800 old seat frame 1.JPG
    B7800 old seat frame 1.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
  • B7800 old seat frame 2.JPG
    B7800 old seat frame 2.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • B7800 new seat frame 1.JPG
    B7800 new seat frame 1.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 108
  • B7800 new seat frame 2.JPG
    B7800 new seat frame 2.JPG