Recall notice for the 3184

/ Recall notice for the 3184 #1  

Pks

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, Cub Cadet 1430, Hustler Super-Z 66in, Vermeer 1250
The following has been selectively taken (without permission) from Safetyalerts.

The link to the web page is <http://www.safetyalerts.com/recall/p/014/01334.htm>.

I figured that since this was now a published notice, for public consumption, it would be acceptable to cross post.

I took the jucy parts of the recall statement and listed them here. I do suggest that if you feel your Garden Tractor fits this recall, you should go to the website listed above and read the full statement there.

Cub Cadet Recalls Garden Tractors

Cleveland, OH (SafetyAlerts) - Cub Cadet Corp. is recalling about 6,000 garden tractors.

The recalled garden tractors have a 44-inch cutting deck, an 18 or 20- horsepower engine. And the model number (#3184) is printed in large numbers on the hood of the tractor.

...garden tractors from October 1999 through November 2001

The tractor's rear wheel can loosen and spin free on its axle, resulting in a loss of power to the wheel and brake, which poses the risk of injury to consumers.

Consumers should stop using these garden tractors immediately and contact the Cub Cadet dealership where the tractor was purchased to schedule a free repair. For more information, consumers should call Cub Cadet toll-free at (888) 848-6038 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or log on to the company's website at www.cubcadet.com.