Rear-View Mirror

/ Rear-View Mirror #1  

Boomerboy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have followed a number of threads concerning getting the best view behind us when the need arises to have seat time on the road. I needed to have a temporary solution for a rear-view mirror. I hate to add things that get ripped off by brush and bad bushes when I am trying to get a job done.

I came up with this idea after going into my "material storage" and discovering a number of items laying in wait for a job to do! The spring clamp was a cheap clamp that came with an inexpensive quartz area lamp. I used an aluminum bar 1" by 1/8" and added a few holes and bends where needed. An inexpensice mirror from Wal-Mart finished off my needs.

I now use it when I have to road the animal. An additional safety item I add to Big Blue when necessary, but hangs in the barn for most of its' new life.

Attachments

• 53-129995-BoomerWithMirror2.jpg
    53-129995-BoomerWithMirror2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,026
   / Rear-View Mirror #3  
Excellent idea boomerboy.

/ Rear-View Mirror #4  
Very nice!

Chris

/ Rear-View Mirror #5  
I have been trying to figure out how to attach a mirror for some time now.That set up is great!
David

/ Rear-View Mirror
Another View . . . .

Attachments

• 53-132953-BoomerWithMirror1.jpg
    53-132953-BoomerWithMirror1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 615
   / Rear-View Mirror #8  
Boomerboy,I have been trying to figure out how to put a mirror on my rig for some time now. What a great way to do it! You inspired me. I took a spring clamp and bolted an old rural mail box flag to it and glued the mirror to it. I can clamp it anywhere and tilt it as well.David

Attachments

• 53-135483-mirror1.JPG
    53-135483-mirror1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 513
   / Rear-View Mirror #9  
A second view

Attachments

• 53-135487-mirror2.JPG
    53-135487-mirror2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 505
   / Rear-View Mirror
dlabrie,

...and you'll never find it laying on the ground after doing battle in the brush! It will love the barn wall when not needed!

This is why I have such great hope for this discussion group. We all need ideas on building up our toy inventories for our favorite rides!

May the seat hours rise to meet you . . . . .