Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #1  

old and tired

Veteran Member
Tractor
L2800 HST

Anyone going? I usually hit it Weds and another day... depending on weather!!!

Every Day (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) 9:00am-4:00pm

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #3  
I was there and had a really good time, got to see a lot of the new tractors and equipment. I gotta say the Massey Ferguson line really looks sharp, all of the manufacturers sure spend a lot of time detailing the tractors for the show.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #4  
We didn't attend the show today, we left this morning for home while it was raining. We had a great time and met some really nice people. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #6  
I came real close to buying an outdoor woodstove several years back but decided against it when I talked to some people about the amount of wood that you had to feed them.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #7  
I’m looking at a Royal crown water stove. It is expensive but the only one that meets EPA standards that I know of. The dual chamber adds cooler air to smoke and burns it again. The claim is very little smoke and up 60% less wood. Sounds like voodoo until you see the EPA approval and the 26% tax credit. Knowing the EPA set the bar high to eliminate wood burning so I’m thinking they have a good unit.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #8  
I have a friend in West Va. that recently installed a Royal Crown and he is very pleased with it. I know he researched all of the manufacturers before he made his decision, he said they are the Cadillac of the outdoor boilers.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #9  
I have a friend in West Va. that recently installed a Royal Crown and he is very pleased with it. I know he researched all of the manufacturers before he made his decision, he said they are the Cadillac of the outdoor boilers.
I picked the most efficient model but it is interesting that those I know have one, bought the next level down. Not as efficient but burns anything. The other @ 99% efficiency needs 18-23% moisture so I don't know how challenging that will be. Still investigating. If you hear, I would like to know what he bought.

/ Raleigh, NC - Farm Show, Feb. 2-4th, 2022 #10  
I believe he bought the most efficient one at the time and he said that he tries to keep enough wood so he stays a season ahead so the wood can properly dry out. When I talk with him, I will pick his brain some more.