Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,643  
The tracks where the coal is hauled have coal dust along them. I'd imagine if it wasn't resprayed, there would be more.
I believe some chemical was added to retain the dust, in the video I posted they mention it. I'd guess they do the same at the mines. Coal dust is actually quite bad on many levels.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,644  
moisture or light oil does a good job of controlling dust.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,645  
Here's my railroad trestle. Well, I own half of it. It and the property line both run north south. This view is facing east. So I own the west half that's facing the camera.

Do you actually own half of the trestle? I was under the impression that the railroads had a ROW over your land and that they actually owned the facilities on the ROW.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,647  
taken off the River RR page on FB. So this is a electric line engine?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somebody Save Me. Former New York Central "T Motor" T-3a 278 (Alco, GE 1913-1926) and "S Motor" S-1 100 (Alco/GE, 1904) sit in Glenmont, New York on Sunday, March 19, 2023. After a career on the electric zone of the New York Central Railroad, the Mohawk & Hudson Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society gained ownership of the pair and had once upon a time cosmetically restored these motors and saved them from scrap, even returning to Grand Central Terminal for a movie shoot. After losing their storage arrangement with the Delaware & Hudson Railroad, they came to a track at the power plant that once occupied this area, and were then displaced again to a spur that became cut off from the rest of the railroad. In recent years, the Port of Albany has acquired this land to be redeveloped, and they are now both concurrently closer and farther than they have ever been to being saved. The Danbury Railway Museum has helped to have them moved to this location, and is actively working to raise funds to have them brought to their Danbury, Connecticut location to be preserved at a safe location.

337116369_742320014203428_4997321134531277748_n.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,648  
taken off the River RR page on FB. So this is a electric line engine?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somebody Save Me. Former New York Central "T Motor" T-3a 278 (Alco, GE 1913-1926) and "S Motor" S-1 100 (Alco/GE, 1904) sit in Glenmont, New York on Sunday, March 19, 2023. After a career on the electric zone of the New York Central Railroad, the Mohawk & Hudson Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society gained ownership of the pair and had once upon a time cosmetically restored these motors and saved them from scrap, even returning to Grand Central Terminal for a movie shoot. After losing their storage arrangement with the Delaware & Hudson Railroad, they came to a track at the power plant that once occupied this area, and were then displaced again to a spur that became cut off from the rest of the railroad. In recent years, the Port of Albany has acquired this land to be redeveloped, and they are now both concurrently closer and farther than they have ever been to being saved. The Danbury Railway Museum has helped to have them moved to this location, and is actively working to raise funds to have them brought to their Danbury, Connecticut location to be preserved at a safe location.

View attachment 790648
I don't see a pantograph or any signs one may have been installed on the roof of the locomotive, so it must have been diesel powered.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,649  
Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #2,650  
Do you actually own half of the trestle? I was under the impression that the railroads had a ROW over your land and that they actually owned the facilities on the ROW.
Yep. We own it. The RR officially and legally abandoned the entire ROW and it reverted back to the adjacent land owners. We got an official letter from the RR and everything. ;)