Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange…

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #1  

Fishin-4-a-Livin

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, Kioti Dk5310
I am very new to tractors and farm equipment in general. Been around heavy machinery out on the water, but not on land so much.

I just sold my Yanmar Vio35 in order to upgrade to a slightly larger machine with an enclosed cab. I kept all of the buckets and attachments.

The Yanmar had the “pin grabber” style coupler. What other brands share this type of coupler? I’m looking for something in the 10,000 lb range.

img_quick_coupler_01.jpg

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #2  
There’s virtually no standards for mini excavator bucket size.

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #3  
you could ignore what you have and get what you want and get a adapter...

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange…
you could ignore what you have and get what you want and get a adapter...

I am going to buy one that already has a hydraulic thumb installed. If I go to changing coupler spacing, that’ll mess of where the thumb contacts the bucket.

There’s virtually no standards for mini excavator bucket size.

I guess my question is more about the pin grabber style coupler, not necessarily pin size or spacing.

I have read that some other brands came factory with that type. Just not sure of exact models to be looking for.

I believe Bobcat, Caterpillar, and Takeuchi may have that type coupler?

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #6  
All the mini excavator mfgs offer their version of hydraulic pin grabbers . The issue I see is going from a 3.5 ton machine to 5 ton the pin grabber will have larger dimensions that will be too big for your 3.5 ton sized bucket pin dimensions. The pin diameter, the center to center pin spacing and ear to ear pin width will all be larger on the 5ton unit I believe.

All the mini excavator mfgs offer their version of hydraulic pin grabbers . The issue I see is going from a 3.5 ton machine to 5 ton the pin grabber will have larger dimensions that will be too big for your 3.5 ton sized bucket pin dimensions. The pin diameter, the center to center pin spacing and ear to ear pin width will all be larger on the 5ton unit I believe.

Gotcha.

Upgrading is going to be way more expensive than I figured.

Always is.

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #8  
I am very new to tractors and farm equipment in general. Been around heavy machinery out on the water, but not on land so much.

I just sold my Yanmar Vio35 in order to upgrade to a slightly larger machine with an enclosed cab. I kept all of the buckets and attachments.

The Yanmar had the “pin grabber” style coupler. What other brands share this type of coupler? I’m looking for something in the 10,000 lb range.

img_quick_coupler_01.jpg
Fishin-4-a-livin,

I am going to suggest a different tack ( nautical pun there ) and suggest you contact an attachment maker whose job is to know all the machines and what marries to what and if it don't mate up then how to make it work

I suggest USA Attachments as they make after market buckets and couplers for a wide range of excavators and tractors with FELs and hoes.

I have a M59 and wanted quick attach buckets for the hoe but wanted access to the Kubota excavator buckets since there are so many of them on the used market vs the special quick attach buckets for ONLY the M59TLB.

USA Attachments built me a quick attach that fits the M59 pins and couples to the KX and U series Kubota buckets. Pricing is very reasonable in this crazy market of either sky high prices or lead times of 52 weeks to get stuff. Talk to JJ ( Jeff Johnson) in sales. He is very responsive.

They have a couple of web sites

Last edited:
I think that I’m going with a Kubota KX040-4.

My main concern was the hydraulic flow rate limitations of the brush cutter and auger attachments that I had just bought, not even used yet.

Evidently the Kubota has a selectable flow rate. The coupler connectors are bolt on types, so I could easily change those out.

My rake and buckets will have to have new ears welded on.

Thanks for the responses.

/ Question about Quick Coupler bucket interchange… #10  
I think that I’m going with a Kubota KX040-4.

My main concern was the hydraulic flow rate limitations of the brush cutter and auger attachments that I had just bought, not even used yet.

Evidently the Kubota has a selectable flow rate. The coupler connectors are bolt on types, so I could easily change those out.

My rake and buckets will have to have new ears welded on.

Thanks for the responses.
Fishin...

The KX040 is on my to get list unless a K71 or similar Kubota comes along.
You should have no concerns about running a hydraulic auger on a KX40 since I run a McMillen X1 using a SSQA on the front of the M59. I run bits up to 36" dia ( tapered bit for larger trees ) and have several 12 inch bits ( dirt teeth or rock teeth ) with no stalling issues. Specs attached.
The M59 has a stick to control FEL with 3rd function buttons for controlling the auger or anything else on SSQA. Bind up on a rock and shift into reverse and back it out. Really handy in rock strewn NC. Can't put a shovel into the ground without hitting something at least basketball size.

The KX04 auxillary circuit has flow of 17gpm and this is within the flow requirments for brush cutters ( typically 15-25 for "low flow" and 20-35 for "high flow" machines )

Attachments

• 1659546710227.png
    1659546710227.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1659546751877.png
    1659546751877.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 82