Question about lincoln tombstone on/off switch

/ Question about lincoln tombstone on/off switch #11  
I gotta agree with those that said AC out of a nice transformer works smoother than DC out of a cheap inverter. I dunno why, it doesnt make any sense i know. But I definitely perceive it as such while im welding.

Thats why i was delighted to get one of these heavy as balls old school tombstones for my workshop that im (finally) building to keep all my toys in. This one is just going to be stationary, hard wired in like the kitchen oven and used for workbench welding. Ill take the cheap inverters to jobs off the farm.

Ill make a half assed attempt at getting a new switch or fixing the current one. If not Ill just put a electric chair style knife switch on the wall plug that itll plug into. Costs like $5 at the local hardware store. Almost has a certain style about it....
Most likely it is because they don't know how to properly set one, when given a chance. It's like when you give people democracy suddenly who formerly lived under communism. So many cry for the old days because they didn't like having so many options.

/ Question about lincoln tombstone on/off switch #12  
I gotta agree with those that said AC out of a nice transformer works smoother than DC out of a cheap inverter. I dunno why, it doesnt make any sense i know. But I definitely perceive it as such while im welding.

Thats why i was delighted to get one of these heavy as balls old school tombstones for my workshop that im (finally) building to keep all my toys in. This one is just going to be stationary, hard wired in like the kitchen oven and used for workbench welding. Ill take the cheap inverters to jobs off the farm.

Ill make a half assed attempt at getting a new switch or fixing the current one. If not Ill just put a electric chair style knife switch on the wall plug that itll plug into. Costs like $5 at the local hardware store. Almost has a certain style about it....

Not to expensive upgrading tombstone to DC...

IF you want to go back to AC just move stinger and ground leads up to input of bridge rectifier...

/ Question about lincoln tombstone on/off switch
The newer tombstone switches and fans give issues. I've seen several fail.
Well at least the fan is still working, thats critical whereas the switch is just a convenience, i guess. at least easily worked around

/ Question about lincoln tombstone on/off switch
Thanks but naw im good. i have several little DC inverters, simple little things with one knob. great for taking to jobs on building sites but the truth is i like the transformers for my home workbench. Dunno why.

Not to expensive upgrading tombstone to DC...

IF you want to go back to AC just move stinger and ground leads up to input of bridge rectifier...