Queen Mum is sick

/ Queen Mum is sick
I once watched the Netflix series The Crown. It’s based on the history of the royal family from the mid 1930’s to about 1990 so far, with the Queen being the central figure. Some interesting history there, or at least the show’s take on it. She never wanted to be queen as her father before her never wanted to be king. Portrayed as a burden.
Wife and I have watched that series. Wife more than I. Sometimes I fell asleep.

I think it comes with a severe personal commitment if you are going to be good at it. The Queen has been very good at it. No one in line will be able to uphold her standards in my opinion.

/ Queen Mum is sick #12  
I too have admired the Queen over the years back to when she was a young lady in WW II. She is one of the few national figures that has maintained my respect throughout. And I can appreciate her disappointment she must have in the next generations of her family.

/ Queen Mum is sick #13  
She never wanted to be queen as her father before her never wanted to be king.
We Americans, on the other hand, are all battling each other to become President. It's our culture, this incessant strive to be number one.

At any rate, movies these days are into pushing narratives to shape social values. The smell of sulfur is everywhere.

/ Queen Mum is sick #14  
Wife and I have watched that series. Wife more than I. Sometimes I fell asleep.

I think it comes with a severe personal commitment if you are going to be good at it. The Queen has been very good at it. No one in line will be able to uphold her standards in my opinion.
Falling asleep is good. Apparently, you are immune to sulfur.

Even though we fought the Brits and dump the tea, she is still our Queen. Love of goodness is an indestructible bond.

/ Queen Mum is sick #15  
I heard on the news this morning that the Queen is very ill. Was even a rumor yesterday that she had died. Prayers for her to be at peace.
After months of begging her father to let his heir pitch in, Elizabeth—then an 18-year-old princess—joined the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service during World War II. Known as Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor, she donned a pair of coveralls and trained in London as a mechanic and military truck driver. The queen remains the only female member of the royal family to have entered the armed forces and is the only living head of state who served in World War II.

/ Queen Mum is sick #16  
On March 26, 1976, Queen Elizabeth sent her first email while taking part in a network technology demonstration at the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment, a research facility in Malvern, England. The message was transmitted over ARPANET, the forerunner of the modern internet. She is considered the first head of state to have used electronic mail.

/ Queen Mum is sick #17  
And I can appreciate her disappointment she must have in the next generations of her family.
Don't we all. The generations began to fall after WW2 starting with the boomer generation. Some of you guys probably went to the Summer of Love. I was not even born then.

/ Queen Mum is sick #18  
After months of begging her father to let his heir pitch in, Elizabeth—then an 18-year-old princess—joined the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service during World War II. Known as Second Subaltern Elizabeth Windsor, she donned a pair of coveralls and trained in London as a mechanic and military truck driver. The queen remains the only female member of the royal family to have entered the armed forces and is the only living head of state who served in World War II.
Harry served in Afghanistan, of course me may not count anymore.

/ Queen Mum is sick #19  
   / Queen Mum is sick #20  
I heard on the news this morning that the Queen is very ill. Was even a rumor yesterday that she had died. Prayers for her to be at peace.
Before she passes I hope she gives a certain prime miniature a whooping.