Propane heater

/ Propane heater #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
Anyone used the 5000 btu. cupholder propane heaters in a cab tractor ? I have a snowplow tractor with a Curtis cab and thought it might help on those really cold mornings . They screw onto a 16.4 oz bottle and pushbutton ignite . Appreciate any input . Thanks , Kevin .

/ Propane heater #2  
I would be very cautious about carbon monoxide with something like that. If you try it make sure you have the carbon monoxide alarm in there with you.

/ Propane heater #3  
I don't think that's such a very good idea. CO poisoning can sneak up on you & you just go to sleep. Next thing you know - its a dirt nap.

/ Propane heater #4  
Propane makes a lot of moisture when it burns, as well as possibly carbon monoxide. You'd need adequate ventilation.

/ Propane heater #5  
I recall JC Whitney used to sell little heaters that you would install them inline with a radiator hose. I always thought they would work decent in a tractor cab.

/ Propane heater #6  
I use one in my golf cart (not used for golf, though, its a farm vehicle). Its really just a hand and body warmer. Plenty of free air around.

/ Propane heater #8  
A 12v electric heater would work if you have a good size alternator.

My dad put one of those gasoline heaters in his '47 chevy when it was new. I had no idea they still make them. Sure was nice having almost instant heat.

/ Propane heater #9  
I got one to use. It heats up the cab so well I have to open the door. Even the lowest setting is too hot. It will also make the windows fog up really bad. Another reason to open the cab door.