problems with the 7000 Utilities?

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am seriously considering a slightly used 7360 and would like to hear what you 7000 Utility owners have had break/go wrong on yours since owning it.

I unfortunately have not had a lot of luck finding owner comments on these. Everyone's into the Kubota's, etc, but as the other thread states, these things seem at least equally equiped as the others.

Thanks.

- G

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities?
Hi there. I have had 2 Cub Cadets (7200) and (7260). I think they are as good as John Deere or Kubota. I move boulders and pull stumps with my 7260 on a regular basis. I use it with a Farmi winch and skid out logs with it. I haul a manure spreader and run a saw rig off the PTO. It just turned 200 hours with nary a problem. I just follow the routine mantenance in the owner's manual. The only drawback I can see about Cub Cadets are that they have a low resale value. But, you're buying it forever right? So, who cares?

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #3  
I bought a slightly (90 hours) used 7360 about 15 months ago. I have had no problems that I could blame on the Cadet. I have had one flat each on front and rear. Easily repaired... as long as you have help handling the loaded rear tire. And I had a stump that I had just pulled, jump up and crush the hydraulic filter and tear the line to it. Easy access to the filter and the repair was a snap.

I don't have any 3pt implements yet, but use the FEL a lot.... managing the manure pile, pushing big rocks to block the [censored] ATVs, and pulling small trees and stumps. The 7360 does everything I ask. And if I ever catch one of those ATVs red-handed, I will use the FEL to carry that dastardly machine to the nearest vernal pool.

I did a lot of reasearch and compared a lot of other color tractors before buying. The CC was always on the top of my list. I used the lower resale value to my advantage. I saved $6k over what the local dealer wanted for a new one. I have never regretted that decision.

Buy it!

//bruce

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #4  
I have a 7260 with just about 350 hours. I use it for road maintenance, firewood hauling, backhoe work, etc. All 4 R4 tires are loaded. I've had no problems.

Corm

Good to hear that from at least a few owners!

The 7360 I am looking at is a 2000 and has the FEL, ag tires and only 28 hours. The great thing about it is that it's only been used by the dealer (forking pallets), so the warranty has not started yet. He also happens to have a brand new 72" 3pt rear discharge finish mower that he ordered, guy didn't buy it and now he's looking to dump it. How does $17,700 for everything?

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #6  
That's a great price. Are you satisfied that you'll get good service from this dealer?

Buy it!

He's a real down to earth guy and seems to run a pretty tight ship, so yes I would say so.

One question though: When these are under warranty, do you have to take it to the selling dealer, or can you go to any dealer for service?

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #8  
I am fairly certain that any Cub dealer has to warranty it. However, it may be in your best interest to have the selling dealer service it, since he now knows you, and, more importantly, knows that you spent a fairly large sum at his dealership. He may not give you a better deal on maintenance, but he should treat you right if he wants to keep your business.

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #9  
Gerald,

From your profile, it looks like you bought that slightly used 7360. So how is it going for you?

//bruce

/ problems with the 7000 Utilities? #10  
Yes, I did! Also sold the ole IH656 for $300 more than I paid for 2 years ago, so that was nice.

I really like it a lot. It came with about 28.2 hours on it and as of last night it had about 35.8. I got the backfilling done on an old building I tore down and used the bucket (dragging backwards) to smooth it for grass. As you probably saw in my profile, I also picked up the 72" finish mower. Did a good bit of grass cutting with it so far. Saves a good bit of time compared to the old JD110 mower with 32" deck. The ag tires tear up the grass a little, but I've only been cutting the larger wide-open areas with it, not right around the house.

Oh, since you asked, here's a question for you: Is there some trick to getting the [censored] hood panels open? I haven't put a lot of time into it, but I cannot get any of them off!

Thanks.

- Gerald