Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made...

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
What? This can't be so, can it? I recently saw a tractor filter made in India or maybe Pakistan.

It says car filters but a lot of guys shop for crossover deals for tractors and the cheapest price so who knows what you get?

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #2  
Lots of chances for human error in sealing and orienting.

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #4  
No, that's not how they're made here in the states.

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #6  
Baldwin, luber finder, champion, purlator, hastings and even some fram filters are almost always US made. I'm sure there are more brands too.

And typicaly the more special the equipment the more likely it's not made in a 3rd world country.

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #7  
I remember about 45 years ago making "infrared propane paint strippers" in pretty much the same way in Cleveland. Lots of sliced gloves/fingers from the tin. We got paid on piecework basis, so no one slowed down much even when bleeding. Pretty crappy job as I look back on it.

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made... #8  
It's amazing how they get things done sometimes. What seems like a super complicated process ends up being amazingly simple.

/ Please tell me this is not the way oil filters are made...
I'm the OP on this and know I saw a name brand filter recently that was made in India or Indonesia and was about to go on a tractor. I remember being surprised.