Photos- Tractors, automobiles, animals, that rock over there, animals...

/ Photos- Tractors, automobiles, animals, that rock over there, animals... #1  

tacticalturnip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
Hey there,

I like tractors, and I'm under the impression that some of you may as well; so I got to thinking maybe I'd make a thread where we could just post pictures of the tractors in our lives, past, present, future. Then I remembered that I enjoy other things as well, and I bet y'all do too. So here it is, a thread where I'm just going to toss pictures at you. You don't have to like it, you don't have to participate, but it's happening. That said, I would encourage everyone to just toss some stuff in here. Let's see the machines you grew up with, the truck you never should have sold, but maybe not the in-laws you wish you could have sold.

456349_10151809982735361_1539666703_o_10151809982735361.jpg

To start out, my oldest son- now 11- on what was my first garden tractor, a Case 444 that I deeply regret ever getting rid of. It never ran for more than 1/4 of the time I needed it to at any given time, but it would have been one excellent project. Even the seat pan was original, with the Case logo. Hunter was enamored with it, that Case looked like a scale model row-crop next to him.

MVC-900F.jpg

The Kubota L3830 my stepfather purchased new around 02-03, and still has to this day. Unfortunately that cat is long gone; he was a big goof, somehow both obese and a master mouser, it never made sense. He just failed to wake up one morning while I was in Korea, I was pretty bummed when my parents informed me. I imagine it was probably heart related, as John Goodman was never meant to be a sprinter.

b4410125.jpg

That foolish cat would torment the goose daily; get close, upset the goose, then when the goose would give chase he'd get just out of range and proceed to do it over. Well, one day he got distracted and the goose about reached him; I just happened to photograph that.

/ Photos- Tractors, automobiles, animals, that rock over there, animals...
A few more pictures of the Kubota, because we get what we get and we don't get upset.

166296_10150373854910361_719835360_16557888_4207240_n.jpeg

This must have been 2011 or so, one of the few times I've run her since I moved out.

Last time I swung out by my mothers placed I grabbed a few photos of her as she sits now; still starts quick, runs well, but seeing the way she's treated doesn't fill me with kind feelings.

20220717_182320.jpg20220717_182404.jpg20220717_182512.jpg20220717_182437.jpg

One thing I've enjoyed since purchasing the Kioti is the use of my 5' box blade; while the 1025R could make light use of it, I have to admit I went out of her league with the big blade. It ended up being an ideal counterweight, but once dropped to the ground the little Deere had a harder time tossing that weight around. The Kioti handles it quite well, expectedly so, but that's no knock on the Deere- these machines are a product of their respective sizes.

20210423_174759.jpg20220704_152139.jpg
20210423_174833.jpg20220704_152114.jpg

I've got very fond memories of an IH open station from my childhood.

I was rather young when my mother and I moved in with the gentleman that would become my stepfather; he lived on a farm, well, we now lived on a farm. Coming from a coastal shipbuilding community this was quite the transition, one that was made a bit easier by the presence of all the items that often come with a small farm. Long parked cars (to include a Triumph TR7), a dump truck, implements of various working order, and of course tractors. One in particular, an International, made quite the impression. Between her deep red color, impressive, long, official sounding name, and it's sheer size- I absolutely loved it. That beast really amped up a love affair with equipment that had started with a Case backhoe I'd pass every day on the school bus.

There was also a SAME with transmission problems.

I do believe that IH was the last item of note, outside of the farm itself, to be sold off when we went under. I do know he shed a tear the day it was taken away, as did I, though I imagine it was a lot worse for him; since then I've often wondered what became of her.

As an adult I've approached my stepfather a few times to dig for any information he has on that old tractor, and all I've ever been able to find is that it was a 786 with MFWD; an almost literal unicorn apparently. If the opportunity ever comes I'd love to buy that machine, but I can't even find a photograph of her, let alone a serial number.

If it wasn't for Google I'd doubt the thing ever existed, but I've found a few examples.

To clarify, these are not my photos.

post-41509-0-55005400-1328067035.jpgfgsd.png