Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea?

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
I'm looking for another tractor, noticed that a Carraro and Pasquali have showed up. I fear the parts and repair nightmare. Is there any hope for parts and fixing should you have problems or are these articulated machines a thing of the past?
Should price be commensurate with this exotic yet eccentric type of tractor? Or, due to supply variables, are these things necessarily underpriced for good reason?

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #2  
I'm looking for another tractor, noticed that a Carraro and Pasquali have showed up. I fear the parts and repair nightmare. Is there any hope for parts and fixing should you have problems or are these articulated machines a thing of the past?
Should price be commensurate with this exotic yet eccentric type of tractor? Or, due to supply variables, are these things necessarily underpriced for good reason?

Hi,

I have a Ferrari which is the same as the Pasquali, and the BCS. I am in Australia and hit a stump with the Hydraulic filter housing and snapped it off. I got a new housing within a week from the importer. I need mine for steep hills and Love it.
In the New Video section you can see a couple of video I have on the Ferrari.

Cheers Zac

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #4  
   / Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #5  
Is this the problem that Ranger Dave had with his broken AC
Yep it is Zac, the comments from the manufacturer is what did it for me.
Odd you can't get to the site, if anyones interested go to weldingweb.com and do a search for Carraro. I don't think you have to be a member to read the posts. I logged out and I could still get there, strange.....Mike

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #6  
Odd you can't get to the site, if anyones interested go to weldingweb.com and do a search for Carraro. I don't think you have to be a member to read the posts. I logged out and I could still get there, strange.....Mike
I get the following errors:
Firefox:
Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
Chrome:
The webpage at Welding broken tractor frame help!!! - WeldingWeb™ - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.
And a stereotypically useless error from IE.

This is on a Windows 7 x64 machine with Firefox 5, IE9 and the current version of Chrome.

Aaron Z

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #7  

Hi Mike,

I have been watching poor Ranger Dave for a while now. Yep just like you it was their attitude to the problem that got me as well and their attitude in Australia when I dared to ask questions was not any better. So I asked Ferrari the same questions and was given every assistance. **** they even offered to fly me to the other side of the country to drive one. I accept that from time to time I may have to wait for a part from Italy. I also have a Jap tractor that I cannot get a part for in Australia.

Cheers Zac

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #8  
Dad owns a Pasquali 991 and had a 986 THe 986 is posted ere on the photo section of Fat guy on a little tractor.

THe older ones are a maintenance item. Im not knocking them as there is no en to what one will do. Dads are mid eighties models. Jack Speake owner of North East Pasquali has the only parts source in the US. Hes good to deal with and has several part in stock but, Italians work on Italian time. It took 5 months to get it. THe older ones had a 3 finger clutch that was easy to go out. THey sell a new 10 finger clutch that replaces it. Dads has a 20 HP Lombardini single cylinder in it. It sounds neat. It will go from .375 mph to 21 mphlol. The gears are a bit hard to get used to, al lthe marking were off dads 991.

The 986 was a lighter unit with bigger tires. Dad had a deluxe that had the hadd on box to make the PTO turn cw. It had no power steering but was easy to use. The former importer of them here had lost it in a ware house that collapsed from the mid 80's to 2009.

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #9  
I've owned a pasquali 991 for almost 30 years. I have used and abused this tractor that long. There were two problems I encountered during that time. Using the loader I had to put 5 hundred pounds of weight on the 3 point hitch. Doing that and using the tractor to the max I twisted and broke the stub axle a couple times. The other more serious problem was when a retaining clip broke, floated in the oil to the main pinion gear and damaged its teeth. I'm not a mechanic but I was able to take the tractor apart, rebuild the transmission, while at serviced the clutch, and repaint some parts. When we first looked at buying a tractor we compared a kubota with the pasquali. To me there was no comparison. The pasquali won hands down. I don't use it for construction any more. Now it's used for landscaping and mostly firewood on my 23 acres. It does have some quarks like when the differential is locked and I'm in a tight right hand turn I can't depress the clutch pedal enough to disengage it. With all that I love this tractor. I haven't had to order parts in years but I see on the net there are a few places that will help you with that.

/ Pasquali tractor. good or bad idea? #10  
Dad owns a Pasquali 991 and had a 986 THe 986 is posted ere on the photo section of Fat guy on a little tractor.

THe older ones are a maintenance item. Im not knocking them as there is no en to what one will do. Dads are mid eighties models. Jack Speake owner of North East Pasquali has the only parts source in the US. Hes good to deal with and has several part in stock but, Italians work on Italian time. It took 5 months to get it. THe older ones had a 3 finger clutch that was easy to go out. THey sell a new 10 finger clutch that replaces it. Dads has a 20 HP Lombardini single cylinder in it. It sounds neat. It will go from .375 mph to 21 mphlol. The gears are a bit hard to get used to, al lthe marking were off dads 991.

The 986 was a lighter unit with bigger tires. Dad had a deluxe that had the hadd on box to make the PTO turn cw. It had no power steering but was easy to use. The former importer of them here had lost it in a ware house that collapsed from the mid 80's to 2009.

There is another source for parts from Canada. Italiantractors.com Tom is great to deal with, knows the tractors well and is honest. If you send him money you will get a part, unlike another company in the US...