OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome...

/ OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #1  

mikester

Elite Member
Tractor
M59 TLB
flat.jpg

Think a plug will fit? :unsure:

I wasn't thrilled when my RTV-XG850 came with these 6 ply 25x10-12 mud tires, I originally wanted the more truck like treads that could handle a little more abuse on the farm. These tires work pretty good in soft mud and snow but the rubber between the treads is paper thin. This is the third flat in two years, this is by far the biggest thing I've ever pulled from a tire. I will be trying an inner patch for now and hope to wear the treads down fast as I don't want to spend $1,000.00 on a set of new tires right now.

Anyone have recommendations for a more durable farm tire? I'd consider foam if it didn't destroy a nice set of aluminium wheels...

/ OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #2  
When we got our outlander, it came with a similar looking tires with aggressive treads. After one year, we've not had any flats but they sure do tear up the ground. When the machine was new we priced different less aggressive treads at the dealership but the price of trading them out was cost prohibitive. Seems that 6 ply would not be cut prone ....

Last edited:
   / OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #3  
Those look to be a poor choice for wooded area and heavy brush. I think mikester has proven that.

/ OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome...
I'm wondering if the 27-11-12 would fit without any rubbing issues while turning to the stops

I think I'd like to find 8 or 10 ply tires

Last edited:
   / OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome...
My K dealer wants CDN$425 per tire for the 440 MAG

No thanks

/ OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #8  
I've had four flats a week on my vehicle, that's the most. Two flats a year seems like no problem on an off road vehicle. I've had two flats in one day on my trailer. Had to leave it, come home and mount up two more tires, after dark. Take wheel assemblies back, hoping my trailer was still there, and fix everything right there. Add I had a one ton 4x4 wrecker on the trailer, which always makes things light. I'll trade situations with you.

/ OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #9  
We do many more hours over the snow season with tracks (pods) than with tires in the summer. Nonetheless, never had a flat with OEM tires.... now I'm jinked 😁

Last edited:
   / OTP 440 MAG OFF ROAD tires suck? UTV Tire solutions welcome... #10  
I never had a flat with the MAG 350 tires on the RTV900 either.