Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
So came up with an idea. I do all kinds of atv/utv rides with my friends. But they all have turbo 1000's and we end up doing lots of 50 to 60 MPH riding. Well, I'm ready to do something different. A SLOW RIDE, LOL

I'm thinking of trying to get any fellow RTV riders (or any other atv's/utv's that want to only sight see at 25 MPH or less) to plan a ride any time this coming summer or fall. I don't care if it is Northern Ontario where I am, or anywhere in the Renfrew/Algonquin area (though I don't know any of those trail systems.)

But I do know many cool rides I can take people on up here. Anywhere in a 2 hour radius of me there is trails along Lake Superior, many inland lakes, old logging roads, mountains. Abandoned iron ore, copper and gold mines that operated from the 1800's to the mid 70's. Most still have old buildings and equipment standing, and one I can even take you underground as far as you are brave enough to go.

Here are a couple pics from the Wawa area. I love this ride. You can ride all the old abandoned Algoma Central Railroad bed that serviced the iron ore mines (rails are gone) and you can ride through the old open pits and see old hydro electric damns. And I have a friend that has a restaurant up there with the biggest, best burgers and fish you have seen.

Let me know if anyone is interested and we can start working on a plan. I'm dying to go on a big ride in air conditioned comfort for a change, LOL

Attachments

• 101_5147 (Large).JPG
    101_5147 (Large).JPG
    598.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 101_5162 (Large).JPG
    101_5162 (Large).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • 101_5197 (Large).JPG
    101_5197 (Large).JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 101_5213 (Large).JPG
    101_5213 (Large).JPG
    680.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210506_203830.jpg
    20210506_203830.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
   / Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #2  
Looks fun
Too far to cart my cj5 utv but if I were closer….

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #3  
As you know , I private emailed you my availability and interest re Wawa area :)

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #4  
Is that giant roadside goose still standing? Back in the early 60's, our Boy Scout troop used to stop there on the way up to the White River area. I think sections of highway 17 were still gravel back than.

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #5  
I spent some time up there fishing on the abitibbi river with my dad 20 yrs ago. That part of Ontario makes the UP. seem like a metro area lol. Absolutely amazing!

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride
Yes, too bad you all are not closer. You would all be welcome. Then there's the covid mess at the borders you have to deal with.
Even at the slower speeds, we can still get a lot of area covered. Only difference is we'd have to trailer them for certain locations to save time, unlike the ATV's where we can legally blast down the highway up here to connect trails.
And yes, the big goose is still there. And one of the old ones is at Young's General Store.

Was talking with Wawajake and he would like to do it in the fall, so that works for me. But I'm open to riding any time.
We'll wait and see if anyone can make it here and then keep refining a plan or date.

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #7  
Great pics (y)

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride
Gunna cross the border Coobie?

/ Organizing an Ontario, Canada RTV Ride #9  
Beautiful pictures. If I was closer and had an RTV I would totally be in!