Oil Light after Oil Change

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #1  

timkins

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 2542
I have a 2007 GT 2542 that I bought new. It has the 20HP Kohler motor. I changed the oil and filter yesterday at 404 hours and noticed it was extremely filthy so I decide to clean the motor of debris. I sprayed the motor with a degreaser and then hosed it off. Upon restarting to dry it off I have 2 red lights on the dash glowing. One is the parking brake light and the other is the oil light. When I set the parking brake that light goes off, but when I release the parking brake the light comes back on. The oil light does not go off. I let it run for about 15 minutes and so far there is no noise or internal knocking. What did I screw up this time.

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #2  
Find the pressure switch. Did you knock a wire loose on your cleaning endeavor

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #3  
If it were me, I'd give it a few days to completely dry out (if you don't see any loose wires).

/ Oil Light after Oil Change
Just checked the lights and the parking brake light is off. The oil light is BRIGHT and fills the indicator and after it starts it is about half power and kind of between the 12 and 3 position in the indicator. I think I will take the suggestions and let it dry completely for the next few days or until the next snowstorm when I have to start and use to blow the driveway, then I will see.

Does anyone know where the oil pressure switch is located?

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #6  
Does anyone know where the oil pressure switch is located?
Look aronnd the engine for a round plug threaded into the block somewhere with one wire going to it (or a place where a wire should be)

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #7  
The oil sender wire on my diesel zero turns have come off in the past. In my case they are tied to a rigid harness and the engine vibration breaks them off. I extended the wire when replacing the spade connector.
I would also recommend checking the oil sender wire, and while your at it, confirm a solid and clean connection.

Only took about 4 days but the light went out. Thanks for the replies.

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #9  
Just fyi
The oil pressure switch is located under the bottom air filter tray. Behind the governor arm.
It's in the valley right next to the crankcase vent tube.

/ Oil Light after Oil Change #10  
I just did the same thing with a GT2544 I just purchased for $200. it just needed a new PTO belt, and that was it. I changed the rear tranny fluid and filter, and then the engine oil and oil filter. I then sprayed the frame and engine all down with engine degreaser, let it set, then hosed it all off, then wiped it off. I had the "brake light" come on when brake was release, and it will go OUT when you PUSH the break down. and my oil light is currently "Blinking" and the LCD screen says "CHG OIL"...from what I have read the CHG OIL and Blinking Oil will go out in a preset amount of time...I'm NOT sure about the brake light. I assume once it drys out, it'll act normal.