Oil Back Ordered

/ Oil Back Ordered #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I just tried to place an order with MSC Industrial supply for Vactra #2 way lube that I've been using for over 40 years. For the first time in those 40 years it's on backorder. They say they have outstanding orders for over 2000 individual gallons. It's available elsewhere but for a premium. Luckily I have enough to last the 4-6 weeks they say it will take to be delivered.

/ Oil Back Ordered #2  
I bought some off Amazon in 2019 for $38/gallon. Now I see they are charging $43/gallon (but back ordered). I looked at MSC and they want $82/gallon! Is that right?

/ Oil Back Ordered
60$ ea. if you buy 6 gallons. It's doubled since 2014. Supply and demand, 6 gallons will last us 2-3 years.

/ Oil Back Ordered #5  
I just tried to place an order with MSC Industrial supply for Vactra #2 way lube that I've been using for over 40 years. For the first time in those 40 years it's on backorder. They say they have outstanding orders for over 2000 individual gallons. It's available elsewhere but for a premium. Luckily I have enough to last the 4-6 weeks they say it will take to be delivered.
I don't find MSC to be all that inexpensive on anything and I too buy from them but mostly insert tooling and Weldon shank end mills. I prefer Bridgeport brand way oil myself.

/ Oil Back Ordered #6  
I bought some off Amazon in 2019 for $38/gallon. Now I see they are charging $43/gallon (but back ordered). I looked at MSC and they want $82/gallon! Is that right?
Same here. I should have enough to last for the rest of my machining days.

MSC has always been high on their stuff. I sure miss Enco. :cool:

/ Oil Back Ordered #7  
It's been a long time since I bought anything so I'm sure to be in for a shock...

/ Oil Back Ordered #8  
Has anyone checked this site out?

willy

/ Oil Back Ordered #9  
Last week I was told at TSC they could not order motor oils or grease at the store level and that corporate would decide what was shipped to each store when looking for 00 weight gearbox grease.

/ Oil Back Ordered #10