Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana

Item Details
Surplus to my needs are hundreds of never used M8 x 30mm, Bright yellow corrosion plated 8.8 Grade Hex bolts with Hex nuts. These may be some kind of Chromate plating which is much better than zinc. They are stamped with "3F" which I was told represents the foundry they were made in which is Fontana Luigi in Italy.

Grade 8.8 is equivalent to USA standard Grade 5. They have a threaded length of about 1-3/8" long with hex heads that mate perfectly in a 13mm wrench. Just for fun I tried to see what USA standard wrench size would fit and I was able to JUST fit a 1/2" wrench over the nuts & bolts.

I can fit up to 150 (nuts & bolt pairs) in a small USPS flat rate box for $10 and many hundreds more in a medium flat rate box for $20. I looked at Lowe's and Fastenal for prices and Lowes was stupid high. Fastenal had generic (Asian) zinc nuts & bolts for about $1.25 for a nut/bolt pair. What about $0.40 a pair for as many as you want. Again, 150 will fit in a small flat rate box for $10.00.
20-bolts.jpg

M8-head.jpg

Last edited:
   / Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana
check Tractor supply pricing. $5.49/lb for grade 5 $6.49/lb for grade 8 around me, but bulk is mainly sae.
Do you know if that price is for the Chromate coated hardware?

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #12  
Surplus to my needs are hundreds of never used M8 x 30mm, Bright yellow corrosion plated 8.8 Grade Hex bolts with Hex nuts. These may be some kind of Chromate plating which is much better than zinc. They are stamped with "3F" which I was told represents the foundry they were made in which is Fontana Luigi in Italy.

I can fit up to 150 (nuts & bolt pairs) in a small USPS flat rate box for $10 and many hundreds more in a medium flat rate box for $20. I looked at Lowe's and Fastenal for prices and Lowes was stupid high. Fastenal had generic (Asian) zinc nuts & bolts for about $1.25 for a nut/bolt pair. What about $0.40 a pair for as many as you want. Again, 150 will fit in a small flat rate box for $10.00.

Unless my prime bolt supplier (McMaster-Carr) has drastically raised their shipping prices since my most recent order last summer $10 was about what I paid for shipping a bunch of nuts & bolts (2 mixed assortments) UPS.
And your prices per pair are near what MC charges for 100 nuts and bolts.

Unless my prime bolt supplier (McMaster-Carr) has drastically raised their shipping prices since my most recent order last summer $10 was about what I paid for shipping a bunch of nuts & bolts (2 mixed assortments) UPS.
And your prices per pair are near what MC charges for 100 nuts and bolts.
I just went online to their site and entered in the specs for the same bolts. Unless I goofed up (which is very possible) I got a price of $7.43/5. (I picked Japanese since they did not have Italian). The price for the nuts was very low, about $6.00/50. So the cost for a single nut and bolt without tax or shipping is about $1.61. Not sure what they would charge to ship several pounds but add that to the $1.61 for a ball-park.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #14  
I just went online to their site and entered in the specs for the same bolts. Unless I goofed up (which is very possible) I got a price of $7.43/5. (I picked Japanese since they did not have Italian). The price for the nuts was very low, about $6.00/50. So the cost for a single nut and bolt without tax or shipping is about $1.61. Not sure what they would charge to ship several pounds but add that to the $1.61 for a ball-park.
I didnt check, but metric may be a premium cost. -- Grade 8 American 5/16", a stronger bolt 0.003" less in diameter, comes out at about $15/50bolts 1.25 inch long. Check MC #92620A585.

I didnt check, but metric may be a premium cost. -- Grade 8 American 5/16", a stronger bolt 0.003" less in diameter, comes out at about $15/50bolts 1.25 inch long. Check MC #92620A585.
But when you need metric you need metric ! My tractor has nothing but metric hardware, maybe yours too. However, the point is if anyone needs metric I have more than I will ever need and willing to share.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #16  
How are you accepting payment?