Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana

Item Details
Surplus to my needs are hundreds of never used M8 x 30mm, Bright yellow corrosion plated 8.8 Grade Hex bolts with Hex nuts. These may be some kind of Chromate plating which is much better than zinc. They are stamped with "3F" which I was told represents the foundry they were made in which is Fontana Luigi in Italy.

Grade 8.8 is equivalent to USA standard Grade 5. They have a threaded length of about 1-3/8" long with hex heads that mate perfectly in a 13mm wrench. Just for fun I tried to see what USA standard wrench size would fit and I was able to JUST fit a 1/2" wrench over the nuts & bolts.

I can fit up to 150 (nuts & bolt pairs) in a small USPS flat rate box for $10 and many hundreds more in a medium flat rate box for $20. I looked at Lowe's and Fastenal for prices and Lowes was stupid high. Fastenal had generic (Asian) zinc nuts & bolts for about $1.25 for a nut/bolt pair. What about $0.40 a pair for as many as you want. Again, 150 will fit in a small flat rate box for $10.00.
20-bolts.jpg

M8-head.jpg

Last edited:
   / Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #2  
Ohhh? Metric... shoot.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #3  
Surplus to my needs are hundreds of never used M8 x 30mm, Bright yellow corrosion plated 8.8 Grade Hex bolts with Hex nuts. These may be some kind of Chromate plating which is much better than zinc. They are stamped with "3F" which I was told represents the foundry they were made in which is Fontana Luigi in Italy.

Grade 8.8 is equivalent to USA standard Grade 5. They have a threaded length of about 1-3/8" long with hex heads that mate perfectly in a 13mm wrench. Just for fun I tried to see what USA standard wrench size would fit and I was able to JUST fit a 1/2" wrench over the nuts & bolts.

I can fit up to 150 (nuts & bolt pairs) in a small USPS flat rate box for $10 and many hundreds more in a medium flat rate box for $20. I looked at Lowe's and Fastenal for prices and Lowes was stupid high. Fastenal had generic (Asian) zinc nuts & bolts for about $1.25 for a nut/bolt pair. What about $0.50 a pair for as many as you want. Again, 150 will fit in a small flat rate box for $10.00.View attachment 773443
View attachment 773444
To be competitive I would think the price would have to be around what CO-OP sells grade 5 bulk for,
which has gone up to $3.99 a pound around here.
You may be there on the price , not sure without weighing a similar 3/8 group

Home Depot really is expensive by selling by the bolt.

Of course the bulk bolts are not the nicer plating that you have shown.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana
To be competitive I would think the price would have to be around what CO-OP sells grade 5 bulk for,
which has gone up to $3.99 a pound around here.
You may be there on the price , not sure without weighing a similar 3/8 group

Home Depot really is expensive by selling by the bolt.

Of course the bulk bolts are not the nicer plating that you have shown.
Hey there and TU for that benchmark. Around here we are stuck with the lowe's, home depot etc stores.....have not seen or heard of any co-op places.

In any event I was able to edit the original post and changed it to 40 cents for a nut & bolt. I would think these could be used anyplace anyone was fabricating anything and needed a grade-5, ~3/8"x1-3/8" good quality bolt. Thanks again.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #5  
Hey there and TU for that benchmark. Around here we are stuck with the lowe's, home depot etc stores.....have not seen or heard of any co-op places.

In any event I was able to edit the original post and changed it to 40 cents for a nut & bolt. I would think these could be used anyplace anyone was fabricating anything and needed a grade-5, ~3/8"x1-3/8" good quality bolt. Thanks again.
Do You Have Cenex Farm stores, that would be the same thing.
Pure chance, just stocked up on the 3/8 grade 5 from them last week.

They look like good quality bolts

Last edited:
   / Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana
Do You Have Cenex Farm stores, would be the same thing.
no we don't. Looking at their store locator map it looks like nothing basically east of the Mississippi :-(

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #9  
check Tractor supply pricing. $5.49/lb for grade 5 $6.49/lb for grade 8 around me, but bulk is mainly sae.

/ Nuts and Bolts for Sale. NE Indiana #10  
Locally we have TSC. They're selling grade 5 in bulk (among others) at $5.50/lb with the latest increase. Adds up fast.