New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #11  
I admit that I’m a Yanmar fan but it’s because I did a ton of research into the company and came away impressed. I would consider their YT3 series a “premium” tractor mainly because of the sophistication of its integrated hydro-mechanical transmission. The iHMT allows infinitely variable independent control of ground speed, engine rpm, and PTO speed. It can also toggle electronicly between different modes (or ranges), is highly customizable, and puts more power to the ground than an HST. None of the Korean brands offer anything close to that. They all have regular HST’s. Kubota’s HST+ in their Grand L line is the only other premium transmission offered in a compact tractor.

I know you don’t need a Yanmar history lesson, but the Japanese Yanmar company has more history and provenance than the Korean brands and they’ve been building engines even longer than Kubota. The company started building engines 110 years ago in 1912 and invented the first small practical Diesel engine for agricultural use. They also manufactured the first mini-excavator in 1968.

So yea, I believe Yanmar deserves more street cred than they get considering they’re the engineering powerhouse behind many other brands. That said, JD and and Kubota do have better dealer support in the USA but Yanmar’s dealer network should continue to improve. It’s encouraging to see Yanmar introducing new product lines like the new simple and tough YM series.

OP, have you checked out the new Yanmar YM series? A lot of HP for the money.

Last edited:
   / New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #12  
I would definitely put Yanmar at the top of my list…just no qualified dealers in 100 miles of me. I prefer a long standing, reputable dealer with a solid service department.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #13  
I'm going to have a upgrade my small Ym2000. 15Yrs. and still going. Yanmar is local so no doubt #1 on my list. Not sure just how much Tractor I'm going to need yet. FEL. BH. 4wd. no doubt. Way to many trees and then the stumps. Dealing with this Heat in Ga. Cab/Ac. may be really nice. :unsure:
http://www.yanmartractor.com/

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas
OP, have you checked out the new Yanmar YM series? A lot of HP for the money.
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. If I am reading the comparison right, the HST is essentially $12k more? I'm not at my computer right now, but at first glance it looks like that is the difference between the YT and the YM?

No doubts that Yanmar makes a fine machine and I know about their long history with diesel. If I had that kind of money to spend, it would probably be on Yanmar.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #16  
My $.02
I grew up on my grandpa's farm with Massey Ferguson's and Ford's. When I bought my farm it came with a Yanmar YM 2500. Still works just rough. All of my farm neighbors have a different color between Branson Kubota tym and case. I purchased a Kioti, and due to some hydraulic internal issue, the local dealer bought it back. I am around Canton area, so Athens Longview those are all within about an hour ish for me. I looked at Yanmar because I had heard their name a few times and I do know the history with John Deere and skid steer and other engines they've made for many years. Plus my 40-year-old YM 2500 was still clicking away just very small for what I wanted to do. I bought the YT 359 with a cab. That fancy transmission is like having the gear power of a shuttle shift with the convenience of an HST. That's the easiest way I can explain it. I will admit, it is very fancy, but after a few hours, it just feels normal and easy to use. I would have kept the Kioti had it not had the internal issue that caused the whole tractor to violently shake after 20 minutes of use.

I did spend more than I wanted to, but I'm also gaining a local dealer support from the dealer in Kerens, Texas, and that 10-year warranty has me singing all the way to the bank.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #17  
My $.02
I grew up on my grandpa's farm with Massey Ferguson's and Ford's. When I bought my farm it came with a Yanmar YM 2500. Still works just rough. All of my farm neighbors have a different color between Branson Kubota tym and case. I purchased a Kioti, and due to some hydraulic internal issue, the local dealer bought it back. I am around Canton area, so Athens Longview those are all within about an hour ish for me. I looked at Yanmar because I had heard their name a few times and I do know the history with John Deere and skid steer and other engines they've made for many years. Plus my 40-year-old YM 2500 was still clicking away just very small for what I wanted to do. I bought the YT 359 with a cab. That fancy transmission is like having the gear power of a shuttle shift with the convenience of an HST. That's the easiest way I can explain it. I will admit, it is very fancy, but after a few hours, it just feels normal and easy to use. I would have kept the Kioti had it not had the internal issue that caused the whole tractor to violently shake after 20 minutes of use.

I did spend more than I wanted to, but I'm also gaining a local dealer support from the dealer in Kerens, Texas, and that 10-year warranty has me singing all the way to the bank.
PR Equipment is a very good dealer. As you pointed out, the I-HMT transmission is not a hydrostatic transmission. The benefits are tremendous when the tractor has the power to the ground of a shuttle shift and ease and simplicity of a hydrostatic transmission.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas
Kerens is 120 miles from my place. Even if I could afford it, that is a long way to go. Longview is only 1/3 that far.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #19  
I know Athens is a ways south of you but we just had a dealership open up with Deutz Fahr and soon to come Kioti tractors, along with Vermeer and Titan implements. The same company is clearing land around the corner from that location for a New Holland and Bush Hog dealership. Will be nice not to having to travel 50 miles one way to the NH or Bush Hog dealership.
Wow. The house we bought here in Ben Wheeler is the Athens dealer guy. I just bought a new YT359c from PR Equipment in Kerens.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #20  
Howdy from Ben Wheeler. Thompson Equipment is just north of I-20 on Hwy 64.
I just bought a YM342 from him.

He's carrying Yanmar and Brinson.

Where is the new dealer in Athens going in?