New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
I was looking for some info on UTVs and ran across what I believe to be a new dealer for Yanmar in Longview. I checked about a year ago for tractor dealers in NE Texas. There wasn't one listed then or I would have gather data about Yanmar sooner.

I was wondering if Yanmar MSRP was highly inflated or if those are the prices y'all pay. Those are right up there with JD and Kubota. I understand Yanmar has a good reputation, but they are not a big player in the us and that usually translates to lower prices to build market share.

Also noticed they have a teacher discount. Any idea how much?...I need about 25% off of MSRP. :)

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #2  
Comparing the YT347 to the L4760 both are premium 47hp tractors with the best transmissions on the market (iHMT and HST+). The MSRP for the Yanmar is about 11% less ($42K vs $47K) after adding two rear remotes to the Kubota that the Yanmar comes standard with.

Comparing prices on TractorHouse the asking price for the Yanmar is about $37K and $45K for the Kubota (without rear remotes). That’s about 18% cheaper for the Yanmar. I assume the discount would be even greater compared to a JD, which would have a Yanmar engine anyway and a less advanced transmission than either the Yanmar or Kubota.

In this market everything is going for a premium.

Last edited:
   / New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #3  
It can also vary with location. Dealers set their prices.... if other dealers have higher prices, they might not discount too much because they don't have to compete too much.

There are many different business models that dealers can follow:
One may want to sell a lot of tractors per month at lower profit on each unit.

Another dealer may think they can only sell a couple per month, so their profit per unit must be higher in order to keep the doors open.

Yet the other dealer may make middle of the road profit, and sell a moderate amount of units.

There are too many variables to predict why they are almost the same price.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas
I was just comparing MSRP. That tends to keep out the regional and dealer specific stuff. What I run into using this method is that some manufacturers put MSRP that is tight. Others make it 20-40% above and give dealers more room to play. Just trying to figure Yanmar's approach. Sounds like maybe they give dealers more room. I still see TYM, Branson or LS as better value for me...maybe Kioti, too. I was just hoping Yanmar would be another option. I like options.

Good point on dealer methodology. Some also figure that if they get a customer because they felt like it was a good deal and dealer was fair, they will be back for attachments, maintenance, and so on.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #5  
I know Athens is a ways south of you but we just had a dealership open up with Deutz Fahr and soon to come Kioti tractors, along with Vermeer and Titan implements. The same company is clearing land around the corner from that location for a New Holland and Bush Hog dealership. Will be nice not to having to travel 50 miles one way to the NH or Bush Hog dealership.

I know Athens is a ways south of you but we just had a dealership open up with Deutz Fahr and soon to come Kioti tractors, along with Vermeer and Titan implements. The same company is clearing land around the corner from that location for a New Holland and Bush Hog dealership. Will be nice not to having to travel 50 miles one way to the NH or Bush Hog dealership.
That is very interesting. I just noticed that MasCo in Sulphur Springs (Kioti) started showing Deutz Fahr in inventory. DF doesn't reflect either as dealers on their website, but that could be delayed for various reasons. I've got all of those others less than 20 miles away now.

Happy to hear there is some growth. You'll have to make plans for all of your extra time. I hope the timing doesn't hurt them.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #7  
Compare warranty, lift capacity, and standard features when comparing tractors. Yanmar is either at the top or near the top of every category. When comparing to LS, Branson, Kioti, or TYM you should remember that these are economy to mid tier brands, Yanmar is a premium brand. As far as Yanmar not being a major player, they are growing in market share in the US and worldwide they are a major player. They have been making tractors since 1967, not a newcomer at all.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #8  
I was looking for some info on UTVs and ran across what I believe to be a new dealer for Yanmar in Longview. I checked about a year ago for tractor dealers in NE Texas. There wasn't one listed then or I would have gather data about Yanmar sooner.

I was wondering if Yanmar MSRP was highly inflated or if those are the prices y'all pay. Those are right up there with JD and Kubota. I understand Yanmar has a good reputation, but they are not a big player in the us and that usually translates to lower prices to build market share.

Also noticed they have a teacher discount. Any idea how much?...I need about 25% off of MSRP. :)
Call the dealer and get some answers. At least thats where I would start.

/ New? Yanmar dealer in East Texas #9  
Compare warranty, lift capacity, and standard features when comparing tractors. Yanmar is either at the top or near the top of every category. When comparing to LS, Branson, Kioti, or TYM you should remember that these are economy to mid tier brands, Yanmar is a premium brand. As far as Yanmar not being a major player, they are growing in market share in the US and worldwide they are a major player. They have been making tractors since 1967, not a newcomer at all.
Not sure I agree Yanmar is a “premium“ brand. The brands you listed make good machines. They are all fine brands.

I have done considerable research on all of the brands who sell within 100 miles of my place. The only difference between a premium brand and others is marketing budget.

I know Yanmar is an established player worldwide, they are not so much here in the US. Like TYM and LS, they have been selling their products under other names in the US and have been in the business worldwide for many years. In fact, TYM has been making tractors longer than Yanmar (1951).