New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Sold one of the smaller Kubotas (M135X) a few weeks ago.
Have a Challenger MT535B with a Quicke Q66 loader coming in to replace it in a week or 2. Pretty much the same as a MF7475 with a Caterpillar diesel instead of a Sisu diesel.
Key reasons for the change are: CVT transmission, 35% more weight, stronger loader, road speed (32MPH) and larger tires.
It also has a nicer cab, hydraulic global quick attach on loader, stronger AC, steerable front fenders, electronic loader joystick and more.
Its got more PTO and drawbar HP than the Kubota, too.
I am importing it from a dealer in Canada. It was a huge PITA to complete the import documents, but will save quite a bit over anything I could find in the US.

Now to see what she will do. I need to be able to move large squares around with more stability than the Kubotas can offer. Still have the M126X for bush hogging and of course any other raking, teddering, etc.

Couple pics.

1654908698104.jpeg

1654908727347.jpeg

1654909177577.jpeg

1654909212732.jpeg

Last edited:
   / New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #2  
I do believe CAT engine = Perkins, is that right?

Nice tractor but I'd rather have the Sisu, and I'd much rather have either one over a Kubota engine.

SR

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #3  
Sold one of the smaller Kubotas (M135X) a few weeks ago.
Have a Challenger MT535B with a Quicke Q66 loader coming in to replace it in a week or 2. Pretty much the same as a MF7475 with a Caterpillar diesel instead of a Sisu diesel.
Key reasons for the change are: CVT transmission, 35% more weight, stronger loader, road speed (32MPH) and larger tires.
It also has a nicer cab, hydraulic global quick attach on loader, stronger AC, steerable front fenders, electronic loader joystick and more.
Its got more PTO and drawbar HP than the Kubota, too.
I am importing it from a dealer in Canada. It was a huge PITA to complete the import documents, but will save quite a bit over anything I could find in the US.

Now to see what she will do. I need to be able to move large squares around with more stability than the Kubotas can offer. Still have the M126X for bush hogging and of course any other raking, teddering, etc.

Couple pics.

View attachment 749699

View attachment 749700

View attachment 749701

View attachment 749702
How did you get the little "ghost tractor" water mark in the pics? ;-)

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor
I do believe CAT engine = Perkins, is that right?

Nice tractor but I'd rather have the Sisu, and I'd much rather have either one over a Kubota engine.

SR
I looked for another Massey for a while, but couldn't pass up on this one. The price was good and the hours pretty low. Condition is good.

The Challengers and Masseys mostly come from the same AGCO factory in Beauvais, France.

Prefer the Sisu diesels, too. My Massey has one and it’s fantastic.

Listed as a 6.6L Caterpillar diesel.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #5  
I've brought four tractors in from Canada, never had to do any paperwork. We have a free trade agreement on farm equipment with Canada.

All they were worried about, is that the tractors were, CLEAN!

SR

I had to fill out several forms and send in EPA information. Obviously a farm tractor. Plenty of fees, too.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #7  
I had to fill out several forms and send in EPA information. Obviously a farm tractor. Plenty of fees, too.
Must be mine were junk, bring in a good tractor and you have to pay. lol

SR

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #8  
Newer tractor had to confirm that the "proper" emission equipment was on the tractor for US use.

/ New (used) AGCO Challenger Farm Tractor #9  
That's a nice tractor with a great loader. 👌

Thanks ptsg
Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the AGCO brands farmers all over the country use were more represented here.
Challenger, Fendt and Valtra have no representation on TBN