New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder

/ New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder
Anybody have an idea what speed the PTO is on a Vermeer trencher?

I have searched and can't seem to find the information online anywhere.

/ New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder #12  
Need an update.

How is it doing?

Need an update.

How is it doing?

Well It's turned out to be pretty darn useful. I had the tires foamed. Added 130 pounds each tire but cost over $1,200.:eek: Then I bought the biggest chains I could find which cost another $600.:eek: That added over 150 pounds per tire and really gave the unit some stability on uneven ground and much better traction. And I will never have a flat.

I also added a piece to make the front blade bigger for pushing brush. It works great. Just put in in float and ram into the pile. I pushed some big logs that I know weighed over a ton with that blade as well. I also added a little back bumper and boom for the winch. I threw it together out of some scrap I had laying around. It's not pretty but it works.

The thing work great and it's' only issue is that it needs some more weight on back for when you back up a hill pulling something. It's working pretty good for what I need it to do. It's ran about 40 hours and burned around 15 gallons of diesel so that little Deutz is a fuel sipper. I am having a little issue with the fuel sloshing out the vent on the cap. I need to find a piece of sponge to put in the neck to keep if from sloshing around through the vent when working.

I changed all the fluids. It was noticeably quieter when I added the Delvac Synthetic to replace the old dirty likely dino oil. It has a slow oil leak from the rear pinion seal that will need to be addressed this winter. Other than that it's a dry machine.

IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0051.jpg

/ New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder #14  
That's a nice machine and you won't do four thousand dollars worth of damage if a log accidentally touches it.

/ New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder #15  
Thanks, sounds good. :thumbsup:

That's a nice machine and you won't do four thousand dollars worth of damage if a log accidentally touches it.

My thoughts exactly. Only thing i'd improve is adding a FEL. LOL

/ New Toy Vermeer V-430A mini skidder #17  
I know that this is an old post but if you are still looking for the information. I can send you the info on how to get the manuals for free from vermeer or I can take a photo and send it to you. I own a Vermeer V430A. It is equipped with a backhoe on the front along with a 6 way hydraulic blade. It has a 6 foot trenching chain on the rear. Mine has 14k hours on a 2 cylinder duetz diesel engine and it fires right up in the winter. It was 30 degrees and I hadn't started it in over a month. Pushed the throttle up a fuzz and bumped the key. Away she went! However... I am in need of some assistance. I had to rebuild the t96 transmission which was a piece of cake. I also had the flywheel resurfaced and got a new clutch kit. The clutch kit came directly from the clutch factory and not through vermeer. I installed it and it seems like the throw out bearing is slammed against the fingers. When I installed my transmission, a I was tightening my bolts, I could hear the clutch being compressed. I need to know what clearances I'm supposed to have. Vermeer does not carry a shop or service manual. Just a parts manual and operators manual. If anyone knows please let me know! I'm desperate! Thanks for your attention!