New to me JD 430, 60” deck…

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
I’ve always liked the X740, and almost bought a nice 332 diesel last month. This one was at an auction, and I ended up with winning bid. This was the only one that actually started up/operated on auction lot that I was looking at. Hour meter showed 1095hrs, deck in decent shape. Buying some owners manuals for tractor/deck. Needs a good cleaning. Seat is rough shape. Tires are original and age cracked, but all hold air. Not too sure if I wanna keep or sell it. Need to figure out deck adjustment for height..
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #2  
She's a beast. Congrats!

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #3  
Looks like it is quite a machine. With a little cleanup and a new seat, it will be a gem. I like the chrome hubcaps. It has hydraulic outlets, too.

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #4  
Those are good tractors, mine has been pretty much trouble free other than normal maintenance items and replacing the pulley and shaft on the mower deck gearbox.
My only complaint is the steering is a little wonky, hard to keep going in a straight line.
Mine had a dent in the grill in the same place when I bought it.

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #5  
Seats are dirt cheap.... Was built in Horicon, Wisconsin. Used to haul them by the trailer load out the factory there.

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck…
Plan on degreasing and doing some maintenance on it when I'm on vacation. Who knew that Coca Cola and aluminum foil will take rust and slight pitting off the chrome hubcaps??? I flipped them over and poured Evaporust on the back of them to help out there also. What tires would you recommend on the back? These are the original tires front and rear. They are dry cracked but seem to all hold air. Not sure yet if I'm gonna keep it or not...

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #7  
#0000 steel wool works well on chrome too.

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #8  
Very nice. The deck height adjustment is the rockshaft stop screw in the rear.

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck…
Not much done to it yet. Debating on replacing front tires or not. Will try to get it apart and pressure wash this week. Think I have everything(filters, HyGard, new seat) . When I take deck off I'll see what attention it needs(if any). I think I need to clean up the neutral safety switch, sometimes I have to wiggle the forward/reverse lever to get it to start....

/ New to me JD 430, 60” deck… #10  
The neutral start switch can be a little fussy if you don't push the lever into the neutral detent snugly.