New Massey 1835M owner

/ New Massey 1835M owner #21  
Absolutely on the foot throttle. I came out of a 2005 MF 1540 and the foot throttle on it was much better. As you said, its too far back on this one which I also believe is due to the fender mounted loader control. And I too was in the same situation on the 1840. My dealer doesn't even stock them due to the almost $3k difference for the exact same machine just with different ECM programming. I don't think I will miss the 2 more horses for what I do. The overall size and weight of the 1835 in quite a bit more than the 1540 also which should make it more stable and better at putting the power to the ground. I only run a 5ft rotary mower and 6ft finishing mower which it should handle just fine. I already widened the wheelbase front and rear to add to the stability due to having purchased a grapple and 3rd function (which I figure I saved on the 35hp vs. the 40hp). I hope you will be as pleased with yours as I am mine (so far anyway)!
And FWIW my BIL bought at the exact same time as I did and the exact same Tractor except he got the hydro open station also. And so far he loved his too. The hydro with the speed and sensitivity levels with 3 ranges is awful smooth and fun to operate. I hope I don't kick myself in the rear later on not going with it myself. My 1540 was a synchro shuttle and I've always had clutched tractors and just stuck with what I know. But it was a tough decision!
Scott,

If you have any intention on any ground engaging work then you will not regret the shuttle. You will have more grunt to pull a plow, disc, even rippers on a box blade. Should also be a little more fuel efficient.

Speaking of that I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How is your fuel efficiency so far? I know its hard to quantify on a tractor but just in general.

2) What size bucket did you get for the front loader? I went with the 72" on my order to match the 72" box blade or land plane that i have for the rear. Hopefully it isn't too oversized for the loader.

/ New Massey 1835M owner
Scott,

If you have any intention on any ground engaging work then you will not regret the shuttle. You will have more grunt to pull a plow, disc, even rippers on a box blade. Should also be a little more fuel efficient.

Speaking of that I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How is your fuel efficiency so far? I know its hard to quantify on a tractor but just in general.

2) What size bucket did you get for the front loader? I went with the 72" on my order to match the 72" box blade or land plane that i have for the rear. Hopefully it isn't too oversized for the loader.
Well, fuel efficiency so far is good. The tractor was filled at purchase and had roughly 3.5 hours on it. I’m now at 15 hours give or take and still at half tank. Now I haven’t done anything really strenuous yet either, just general tasks around the house and some driveway scraping with the rock rake. As far as the bucket goes, I got the 72in also and the loader handles it with ease. I had a couple of buckets of #57 gravel while doing driveway maintenance and it was no strain at all.

/ New Massey 1835M owner #23  
Hi all, just took delivery of my new 1835M hydro open station. Looking at putting hydraulics on the 3-point top link. Anyone else done this yet? Any tips or suggestions on piston size, stroke length etc.
20210409_163147.jpeg

/ New Massey 1835M owner
Hi all, just took delivery of my new 1835M hydro open station. Looking at putting hydraulics on the 3-point top link. Anyone else done this yet? Any tips or suggestions on piston size, stroke length etc.View attachment 694594
Great machine and I love mine so far! I have no experience with the hydraulic top link though, but I’m sure someone will be along to help out! Enjoy that new tractor!

/ New Massey 1835M owner #25  
Hi all, just took delivery of my new 1835M hydro open station. Looking at putting hydraulics on the 3-point top link. Anyone else done this yet? Any tips or suggestions on piston size, stroke length etc.View attachment 694594

You will love it!

Looking at getting a top link as well. Please keep us posted on what you find.

Here is the new unit we took delivery of a couple weeks ago. 1835MHC
IMG_5176.JPG
IMG_5192.JPG

/ New Massey 1835M owner #26  
Hi Scott I have the same tractor my first regine was at 37 hr with no issues very easy just keep doing your work and the tractor will take care of it keep the rpm up 1800 or so you'll be fine

/ New Massey 1835M owner #27  

I have an 1825 E and added a hydraulic top link. I haven’t used it much as I just got it last week. It’s going to be great with the box blade.