New Kioti K9 2440 With A Canine Early Review

/ New Kioti K9 2440 With A Canine Early Review #1  

MickeyDBC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PC & NX4510HST
Finally broke down and bought a new side by side, a Kioti K9 2440 to go along with our older Cub Cadet Volunteer and here are my initial impressions of it. This thing is giant, 12 and a half feet long and almost seven feet tall with the roof (brushes the garage door going in). Turning radius is not that bad and the true hydraulic steering has decent feedback and does not hurt my bad shoulder. True 3 across seating in the back and you can replace the center junk holder in the front with a seatback and fit 3 in the front too (but no seatbelt in the middle) so LOTS of room. There is a big storage bay under the front seats that will hold a lot. While only 25 horse power to stay under all of the emissions issues, this is the strongest 25 I have used. Plenty of power in the fields and tops out at about 35 on the county road (which is plenty fast for our roads). Noise wise it is much quieter than the old Cub but still is louder than my neighbors mule. Fit and finish was good but there were five 6mm threaded holes that the plastic body parts screwed to that were not fully threaded so the screws stood proud. Took about five minutes with a hand tap to fix these. So far everything else looks good.

Major likes-
Drives great. Feels like driving a flat nosed blue bird bus because the seating position is forward and the forward visibility is great.

Seems to sip fuel. Fuel gauge has moved one notch in 40 miles. Need to fill it up again and hand calculate to make sure that the gauge is right.

Ride is very good. Firm but not harsh. Also very rattle free.

Room to put the dogs in the back seat while still having a big bed for the rest of the work stuff. Friends with the convertible Mules and Kubotas gripe about having to clean the beds out so they can use the back seats and having the roofs in the way of dumping the beds.

Spray in bed liner and a steel bed.

Included 3/4 doors which are easy to unbolt and remove.

Glass windshield with a wiper is nice.

Came with a lot of features that are options on others like Can Am. Came with turn signals, decent factory headlights, half doors, and a horn which are nice to start with. I did have to add mirrors and I am not sure why they are not factory safety features.

Not fastening your seatbelt does not slow it down, make it beep, or other stupid things. I wanted a farm utv and not a nanny like some of them do. All you get is a little red fasten your seatbelt icon on the gauge cluster.

It has about a foot of ground clearance which helps keep the belly out of the weeds but I have to do a little hop thing getting in.

Dislikes-
Kind of goofy looking. They put the wheels far out at the ends to give the most useful interior room but it looks a lot like it was drawn by Little Tikes, the guys who make the plastic cars for two year olds to scoot around in.

The shoulder height safety bar that catches you in the middle of the back when you get in and out. It will get an adjustment with a cutoff wheel.

Engine access for checking the oil. You have to unscrew (finger bolts) a cover on the front side of the back seat to get to the dipstick and then you need a flashlight to even see it. I know they did it for sound proofing but I am going to make a much bigger hinged cover.

The windshield hinging latches make it so you cannot put a big Yeti cup in the dash cup holders. A tallboy beer will fit, but not a bug cup of water.

Front seat backs are pretty vertical and really make you sit up right. I am going to cut the seat bar loose and move it back a couple of inches at the top for comfort.

I guess the big question is would I buy it again? At this point and compared to the competition (price and availability) the answer is yes. Overall I liked the Can Am Defender Max 1000 Lone Star a little better (it looked cool and was fast), but by the time I would have put half doors on the Max and a glass windshield and dealer markups the Can Am would have been over 10K more. Saw a couple that had a bunch of dealer ads that took them to over 35K, which is about twice what the Kioti was.

Attachments

• k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 159