New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load

/ New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load #1  

OleDirtyBC

Tractor
Ford 3600
As the title states my skid steer is loosing power and stalling when I put it under a load. It will idle fine and low and full throttle. I’ve had this problem for quite some time and have had a injector pump replaced along with new filters all around. To start it back up, requires the prime valve to be loosened until fuel comes out and then tightened back when it starts. I’ve cleaned my tank out and done my best to spray soapy water on all the lines while it’s idling. I’ve also replaced the fuel pump.

/ New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load
Yes diesel clean and clear diesel

wonder if Diesel Kleen maybe doing too good of a cleaning affecting the valves ,causing the valves to be too dry. Just a crazy idea...

I don’t think I’ve over did the fuel treatment. My idea is I’m getting air in the fuel somewhere and I’m just having a hard time finding it. Seems to finally crank after priming the fuel pump again.

/ New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load #5  
Not familiar with the NH skid steers but I've run into problems on other vehicles/equipment where there was a pin hole or crack in the hard line, sealing washers or flex lines that would allow air in but didn't show as a leak.
Only way we ever found them was either a really good visual inspection or sometimes pressure testing(very low pressure) the feed side of the fuel system between the pickup and inj. pump.

IMG_5638.jpg

Can anyone tell me the correct name or part numbers for the threaded stud and the plug below it on my fuel filter head. Or tell me how to remove them. I’m stuck

/ New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load #7  
They look like they are pressed in. What would a new filter housing cost? Sometimes it is just better to start fresh with a new part and be done with it.

They look like they are pressed in. What would a new filter housing cost? Sometimes it is just better to start fresh with a new part and be done with it.

Yeah I got a new one ready but was unaware of those parts. I was thinking the same thing about being pressed in. I know the stud is for a ground or power for the fuel pump. I’m guessing the other is just a plug.

Hey unrelated to the problem I was mentioning. Which I have fixed.

I purchased a new seat for the LS180 from a tractor show about an hour away. The employee put the serial number in to find the correct seat. I purchased it and took it home to find that my old seat has two plug ins on the bottom with two pressure sensors. The next seat only has one. Question is will this new seat work? I’ve tried both plugs but haven’t got it to work.

Also today I replaced two cylinders. Took me all day long. Not because it was hard but because I ended up having the quick disconnect fall and break my toe. Good times.

/ New Holland LS180 looses fuel under load #10  
Glad you got your fuel problem resolved. Sorry about your toe.

Without a wiring diagram I am guessing there is two separate safety circuits. Maybe one for starting and one for the PTO? You could bypass one and use the other but that may not be your goal. You also may be able to add another switch to the seat. If you have the service manual it should have a wiring diagram.