New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine #1  

Ster1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi
Hi folks
I have just picked up a Mitsubishi S3L2 engine that came out of a Boomer 24. I’m thinking about installing it in a tractor that has a regular clutch. The boomer was an HST machine. The flywheel is drilled, seemingly for a clutch. Can I install a clutch on that flywheel? I have the clutch from the machine I’m mating this engine to, and the diameter is just a little too big. My clutch pressure plate won’t mount on the S3 flywheel.

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine #2  
HST tractor haves clutch like other tractor

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine #3  
What happened to the flywheel that you got the clutch from?

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine #4  
Sounds like my old Mopar days.... Your cheapest way out of this is get a used flywheel and plate that were mounted together. Then comes the question on whether or not the new iron has the provisions for a pilot bearing. I think my XJ is the cousin to the 24. Has the same engine. The parts list on my hydro XJ shows a bearing. It only has 1 flywheel / crank shown and doesn't delineate between the MEC and Hydro as far as the flywheel goes. So hopefully that's a good sign. The parts list shows part numbers 40226796 DISK ASSY-CLUTCH-TRG250 / 40226797 COVER ASSY-CLUTCH-TRG250 .

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine
Thanks for help guys. I’m not sure I’m going to proceed with the repower. It just seems like it’s way too much hassle and a lot of “re-inventing the wheel” kind of stuff. That S3L2 would go pretty easily into an old Bobcat 632 I have sitting around, so I think I’m gonna do that instead, and I’m not sure I’m going to fix the tractor. Bummer if it is, it’s a perfect tractor for my place and has a little loader on it and everything. So… hmmm. I have some thinking to do.

/ New Holland Boomer 24 S3L2 engine
Remember that if you want to guarantee a long lifetime for your engine, I would suggest you approach the proper service that will reprogram your engine with the help of reliable services like idmatrix. At least you can think about buying the dpf and egr delete kit and make the proper adjustments to your engine. If you don't know how to do it or will need any help related to this, let me know in private messages.
Go away Darryl. You have no idea what you’re talking about.