New Case IH's Going To Antarctica

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #2  
Curious on what material and design changes they do for the tracks. I know Caterpillar used to make arctic versions of there steel track dozers and probably still do.

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #4  
SCR systems are known to freeze
Can’t imagine the heat needed to keep the system thawed in Antarctica.

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #5  
I mean, I never saw a generator or a single piece of age when I was enlisted with emissions equipment....

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #6  
Well, the first thing that I noticed is that they are being offloaded at Devonport, Northern Tasmania. The ferry "Spirit Of Tasmania II" can be seen to the right.

They'll travel by rail down to Hobart where they'll be loaded onto an Antarctic capable vessel for the trip down South... which should be soon as it's Summer down here (and there).

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #7  
Well, the first thing that I noticed is that they are being offloaded at Devonport, Northern Tasmania. The ferry "Spirit Of Tasmania II" can be seen to the right.

They'll travel by rail down to Hobart where they'll be loaded onto an Antarctic capable vessel for the trip down South... which should be soon as it's Summer down here (and there).

I like to see a man proud of his country and countrymen.

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #8  
For a million bucks; that has to come with oil heater, block heater, battery heater, and hydraulic heater. I bet all the oils are super thin. Cold is just hard on equipment.

/ New Case IH's Going To Antarctica #9  
When reliability is of the upmost importance...emission equipment is the first to go.

That says everything...

*Utmost.

I love that Antarctica is the last pristine wilderness, and we're sending heavy equipment down there! Fun fact, my sister's husband worked in Antarctica for a year.

James