New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak)

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
It has been a while since I had an ATV. Years ago, I rode sport machines, had some 4x4 big bores, and even was an instructor with the ATV safety institute. I guess the last ATV we owned was around 2007, and we have had several UTVs or Side by Sides since. Today I picked up a 2020 Kodiak 450 and am seriously impressed. I can't get over how smooth and easy it is to ride. I still have my SxS for the more extreme riding, but the ATV is perfect for getting into tight places, helping with work around the yard, and just some trail riding around the local area. I didn't realize what I had been missing...

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #2  
Congrats on the new ride!

Yes, my story is similar to yours, I bought a brand new Kawasaki Mojave in 1987 and I think that was the first year they made them. I put racing tires and a couple other mods on it and I raced it in a few county fairs. I practiced in a lot near where my appartment was. I was pretty good on it. THEN in 1988, A GIRL, I married her and we sold it and bought a washer and dryer LOL.

But fast forward about 18 years later I bought another Kawasaki Brute force. Took it to michigan once and rode it a little for recreation but mostly did work with it. I sold it about 9 years ago and have been ATVless until this summer.

I bought a used 2013 Honda Rancher with very low hours/miles on it, it really looked like new honestly. Had to hunt a while to find it. I have been using that thing almost as much as my tractor. Spraying, rolling the lawn, Hauling things and of course taking trips around with the grandkids. Glad to have one again as you say.

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #3  
I picked up a 2022 Kodiak 700 about ten days ago. I still have my 2002 Polaris ATV. I'm amazed at the power and how nice it rides. Plus the color - Grunt Green - doesn't show mud and dust too bad.

I use mine to check the fence line around my 80 acres and to get the mail. I have a mile long gravel driveway. Check the fence line with the ATV. Any needed repairs - bring all the necessary materials out with the tractor.

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #4  
I have a 2021 700 Kodiak and a 2016 Viking;both machines have been very good.They are my third and fourth new Yamahas.I have owned Honda,Suzuki,Kawasaki also;good luck with all.

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #6  
I used to buy Honda 3 and 4 wheelers, then they piled the electronics on them, and they got less reliable, so I switched to Yamaha.

My Grizzly has been a GREAT 4 wheeler, totally reliable and Yamaha's transmission is the best in the business, much better than the Polaris's that my brother and neighbor owned.

SR

/ New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #7  
I started a post and before I knew it, I had a book typed. Decided to fast forward to the current part :)

I had followed Yamaha and the Raptor models from the beginning, in 2011 I wanted a 700 with fuel injection so I could take my son riding, him on his 50cc Polaris Outlaw. I found a good deal on a 2007 model.

20110209 04.jpg

Today The Wife rides a 2019 Yamaha Grizzly 700 and He rides a CFMoto 500S
20200311_173022.jpg

This is a recent trip to Lake Murry in OK.

I've started looking for a used Grizzly for myself as now that I'm older, I would prefer the smooth, "Hovercraft like" ride and 4x4 since a few times now I have gotten the Raptor stuck in some muddy areas and had to be pulled out by one of them.

Last edited:
   / New ATV's (this case Yamaha Kodiak) #8  
I have a 2020 Suzuki KingQuad 750 Powersteering, upgraded after my 2009 KingQuad 500 powersteering (400h/4200miles) got squashed by a tree after a 80Mph windstorm. Purchased another KQ again based upon how incredible reliable my 500 was.

IMG_2891.jpg