Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana #1  

okbluemax

I need a Left Door Glass for my 5740C Montana Tractor. Montana gave me a few Dealers Names to try and told me to try LS Tractor Sales.
The Montana Dealer said if I could find one it would cost around $700.00 Dollars to have it replaced. So I called an LS Tractor Dealer, he said he would have to order it from Korea it would cost $300.00 plus shipping then installation and it would be up to three months before he could get it in. But he could not guarantee it to be the right one. So much for LS Tractor !!!!
Does $700.00 sound right?

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana #2  
If it's flat glass a decent glass shop should be able to make it.

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana
Ok, I did call a local glass shop, but have not taken the door to them yet. Over the phone they priced it around $450.00 depending on how many holes they have to cut. I would liked to keep it factory original, but cost does make a difference.
I really like my tractor but I'm wondering if down the road it might be cheaper to trade it off now before something big goes wrong with it and can't find parts. (big lose now or bigger lose later?)I only have 500 hours on it.

Thanks, okbluemax
BTW What happened to the 10 year parts supply our government puts on vehicles that are sold in the USA. Is that just for cars?

I read a story about Cushman Motor Scooters and this 10 year deal, after the first 10 years if they sold any leftover parts to the public the 10 year deal started over. SO they sent all there left over parts to a scrap dealer and sold it as junk. ( If anyone sees a left hand drivers door glass for my tractor in the junk, call me I may still need one. ) ha ha got'a keep grinin!!!! :confused2:

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana
A Dealer found a door for me. $477.00 for the door and $110.00 shipping to my house. I'll install it. Three to Four weeks delivery time? :laughing:

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana #5  
Thankfully you found an entire door and the price doesn't seem too bad, considering the other info you had gotten. Good Luck!

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana #6  
Where did you get your door? I need one also. Mine has been broke out for almost a year now. Still waiting for the new one to come in from the factory.

/ Need Driver Door Glass 5740C Montana #8  
Where did you get your door? I need one also. Mine has been broke out for almost a year now. Still waiting for the new one to come in from the factory.
Did you ever get your door? I have broken RH one. Not my doing but I need to find one now. A/C doesn't work very well without it.