National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #22  
RSKY - Take a backpack. The first year I went, I did the "free bag" thing and my arms ached by the end of the day. Last year I took a backpack. MUCH better!!

And if the backpack gets full, then use a couple of the free bags.

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #23  
RSKY - Take a backpack. The first year I went, I did the "free bag" thing and my arms ached by the end of the day. Last year I took a backpack. MUCH better!!

And if the backpack gets full, then use a couple of the free bags.

The first time I went I didn’t have a smartphone and I suffered the same problem. The second time I just took a picture of most of the brochures so I could find the website later and only took a few brochures. If you do take the backpack bring a few drinks because they’re a rip-off inside. And wear comfortable walking shoes because you’ll be walking for miles to see even half of it.

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #24  
Some pics for you guys...

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #25  
My opinion of the show= awesome!

It’s big, feet get tired by the end of the day. The crowd that it draws all seem like good people, unlike most public shows (county fairs, concerts, etc). I was most impressed with McCormick, Yanmar, and Kioti products. I haven’t been around any of them and I really like what I saw. I would have to say Mahindra was not very exciting. Their fit and finish just isn’t there yet.

On the implement side, Bush Hog, Landpride, and King Cutter were all very nice...

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #26  
Anyone go to World Ag Expo in Tulare this year?

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #27  
The NFMS was pretty good, as always...

I've went so many times over the years, I no longer go down every isle, nor do I let them herd me to where they would like you to enter... Instead I already know the displays I want to see and the people I want to see, and I hit those, it sure saves a LOT of time and walking.

Once you get to know the factory folks at the displays, that come to the show "over and over", you can get some pretty good insider info from them. That always helps me in making buying decisions...

I think I liked the shows from years ago much better, before the mfg'ers started concentrating on all of the biggest farm tractors they build, instead of like these days, they like to show off their biggest and most expensive farm tractors...

SR

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #28  
The NFMS was pretty good, as always...

I've went so many times over the years, I no longer go down every isle, nor do I let them herd me to where they would like you to enter... Instead I already know the displays I want to see and the people I want to see, and I hit those, it sure saves a LOT of time and walking.

Once you get to know the factory folks at the displays, that come to the show "over and over", you can get some pretty good insider info from them. That always helps me in making buying decisions...

I think I liked the shows from years ago much better, before the mfg'ers started concentrating on all of the biggest farm tractors they build, instead of like these days, they like to show off their biggest and most expensive farm tractors...

SR

I wish they separated the stuff better better with the stuff an average person might buy and the high dollar ag stuff in another room.

/ National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY #29  
   / National Farm Machinery Show, 2/13-16, Louisville, KY
What is this weird obsession people have with 'videos' over static pictures? I prefer things I can look at and focus on in my own time rather than be limited to a few seconds per image and wandering all over at random. I want to be able to skip over images I'm not interested in rather than be stuck watching things I'm not. It's why I stopped watching TV so many years ago.