Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed....

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #31  
   / Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #32  
Lman, You missed “OEM hydraulic filter” …

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #33  
Exactly how folks get in trouble with aftermarket filters. Are you attempting to show Oaktree where he can get a Wix hydraulic filter for his Kioti? Or are you showing that Wix has no hydraulic filter to fit it?
Wow. Nice catch. I've noticed that lately a lot of hydraulic and engine filters are in similar canisters and use the same mounting system. That makes it even easier to make that mistake.
rScotty

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #34  
The Kubota guy needs a little more information before he should put out videos. First it is completely misunderstood that the oil goes through the filter each time it cycles. There is no way that 50 or 60 psi oil pressure is going to make it through that filter in enough quantity to lube the engine and it's not designed that way. In the image that I attached you can see a round plug. The filter bypass spring is under that plug. All are not in the filter housing but there is one somewhere. They are normally set to 3 to 5 psi. All the rest of the oil bypasses the filter by design. It takes many cycles of the oil for it all to pass through the filter. The spring inside the filter is mostly there in case the filter comes completely plugged. Next is the micron rating. I notice there is no talk about nominal or absolute. When I bought my new RAM Cummins pickup I thought the fuel filter from the dealer was a bit much. They are at a very low micron rating. I emailed every company I could find thst made fuel filters for it and asked if their micron rating was nominal or absolute. Most did not bother to even answer. Some answered nominal and only Baldwin and another (can't remember) was absolute. Allow me to exaggerate like crazy so that everybody understands what nominal means. Let's say that you took chicken wire and filtered oil through it. Then with magnification you could see that some 50 micron particles collected on the wire. You could then say that your filter is 50 micron. Of course that's a gross exaggeration. Absolute on the other had means what it says. It is a question that many filter companies don't want to answer. The Cummins filter I talked about is very fine 4 or 5 micron. Baldwin said outright that their filter was no finer than the factor spec. It did have more holding capacity to catch crap.

Attachments

• filterhousing.jpg
    filterhousing.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 67
   / Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #35  
Iirc, a 1064 had less holes and was taller compared to a 1334 just like your pic shows.

Maybe wix 'consolidating' filters??

Both work on the 790 and the Hyundai Santa fe we use to own...
And on all 3 of my Kubota B2150s whose oils I just changed last month.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #36  
The Kubota guy needs a little more information before he should put out videos. First it is completely misunderstood that the oil goes through the filter each time it cycles. There is no way that 50 or 60 psi oil pressure is going to make it through that filter in enough quantity to lube the engine and it's not designed that way. In the image that I attached you can see a round plug. The filter bypass spring is under that plug. All are not in the filter housing but there is one somewhere. They are normally set to 3 to 5 psi. All the rest of the oil bypasses the filter by design. It takes many cycles of the oil for it all to pass through the filter. The spring inside the filter is mostly there in case the filter comes completely plugged. Next is the micron rating. I notice there is no talk about nominal or absolute. When I bought my new RAM Cummins pickup I thought the fuel filter from the dealer was a bit much. They are at a very low micron rating. I emailed every company I could find thst made fuel filters for it and asked if their micron rating was nominal or absolute. Most did not bother to even answer. Some answered nominal and only Baldwin and another (can't remember) was absolute. Allow me to exaggerate like crazy so that everybody understands what nominal means. Let's say that you took chicken wire and filtered oil through it. Then with magnification you could see that some 50 micron particles collected on the wire. You could then say that your filter is 50 micron. Of course that's a gross exaggeration. Absolute on the other had means what it says. It is a question that many filter companies don't want to answer. The Cummins filter I talked about is very fine 4 or 5 micron. Baldwin said outright that their filter was no finer than the factor spec. It did have more holding capacity to catch crap.
100% of the oil that passes through the relief valve of a full flow oil system returns directly to the sump. 100% of the oil circulated through the engine components of a full flow system has passed through the filter.
Filters with an internal bypass are a different story, not all engine oil filters have bypass valves. Those valves allow oil to pass through the filter but not the filter media. In filter bypass valves typically open only when the oil is very cold and viscous or the media is plugged.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #37  
I have been busy for a while in the car and truck industry, and I have no reason to believe that with tractors things are different. Each OEM of whatever part gets a contract in which it is stipulated how many items at which price he has to supply and the assembler, because that is what car companies nowadays are, guarantees a certain minimum quantity. That is the base load for every supplier and that takes care of the break-even point, where the costs are covered but no profit is yet been made. Dependent on their negotiating abilities, sometimes they manage to make a small profit on top of that. Additional to that base load, each supplier gets the right to produce the same product with the same specifications but without the car brand name or part number, for selling under his own name at higher prices to spare parts shops, and that is where the actual profit is made. These OEM replacements can easily be identified by them looking exactly the same as the original ones, be it without the part number and sometimes with a different colour. That is why so many non-originally branded parts are not worse or better than the branded ones.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #38  
Relying on external appearance to convince oneself that the internal construction, filter media composition and surface area is identical to another similarly outwardly appearing filter is a common but foolish mistake. One that filter manufacturers are very happy for consumers to make.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #39  
So is it just filters? Or do you purchase all the fluids that you change from the dealer, in other words all OEM fluids, oil, trans hydraulic, anti freeze, etc.
I absolutely use the OEM hydro fluid because mixing fluids can cause problems. Also use OEM filters, but not OEM engine oil. For engine oil, I use Shell synthetic. It's hard to get the OEM engine oil for New Hollands, as many dealers don't even carry it. My Kubota lawn tractor gets all OEM filters and OEM hydro fluid as well.
Everything I read says mixing hydro fluids is a recipe for disaster, and I believe it.

/ Napa Gold 1334 oil filters have changed.... #40  
I absolutely use the OEM hydro fluid because mixing fluids can cause problems. Also use OEM filters, but not OEM engine oil. For engine oil, I use Shell synthetic. It's hard to get the OEM engine oil for New Hollands, as many dealers don't even carry it. My Kubota lawn tractor gets all OEM filters and OEM hydro fluid as well.
Everything I read says mixing hydro fluids is a recipe for disaster, and I believe it.

I haven't seen or heard of mixing hydro fluids as being a source of trouble. If it was a big problem, why wouldn't we see or hear of more problems with hydraulically powered rental equipment? There's a whole industry built around rentals, and everything that rents has a different fluid in it from the last user.

I don't like to mix fluids myself, but I think that most fluids are compatible - apparently I haven't read what you have. How about a link?

Filters are a different story. I'd want to see a new filter on anything I rented.
rScotty

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR