My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Buried some (maybe 15-16) Blue and Channel Catfish today. Also about 7 one pound Bass. How did those get in there that big? Also a handful of Bluegill. The Blue's were around 5 pounds each. The Channel Cats were at the most, 3 pounds. I am not gonna stock any Blues anymore. I think all my Blues died. Not so with the Channel Cats.

...and just when I had put liver on my shopping list to go fishin'.
This is the first wheelbarrow (Mahindra still in the shop)...about half full.
Catfish Dead in Wheelbarrow.jpg
The wheelbarrow was about 3/4 full.
hugs, Brandi

Lack of O2. I had added a timer to the aerator and gave the aerator too much time off to cool down the aerator because during a 102 degree day, it shut off. Now I know it kicks back on after it cools down.

I still got Channel cats left, but think all the over three pound Blue and Channel cats are gone.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #675  
Sorry about that. :( You must be really low on O2. I'm not sure, but I was thinking catfish could survive lower O2 than most other fish? Maybe I'm wrong. Some catfish on other continents can go dormant in the mud for the dry season.

Sorry about that. :( You must be really low on O2. I'm not sure, but I was thinking catfish could survive lower O2 than most other fish? Maybe I'm wrong. Some catfish on other continents can go dormant in the mud for the dry season.
To many big Blue cats. I had liver on my shopping list just to catch some for the freezer. But a day late and a dollar short.

The bigger the fish, the more the oxygen they consume. I think, pound for pound, Blue cats consume more o2 than Channel cats. But pound size bass died were I know I got bigger than a pound Channel cats left.
hugs, Brandi