My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,002  
Very good video in explaining what your family has been thru the last 2 years ! You have a strong daughter that wants to live via the support her parents gave to her. May 2023 be a brighter outlook. Y'all will be in our prayers !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,004  
That was a tear jerker, don’t know how you made it, I couldn’t have. Prayers for recovery.

I am over in Hburg this weekend if you need a hand with anything.

How was Harrisonburg. We drove thru the valley last week when Lauren needed to get out of the house. Stopped for Coffee on Rt 33. Weather was unseasonably warm.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,005  
How was Harrisonburg. We drove thru the valley last week when Lauren needed to get out of the house. Stopped for Coffee on Rt 33. Weather was unseasonably warm.

I never even made it into town. MIL lives in the country about 15 minutes out. Sunday became filled with an unexpected lunch with her church so that blew the afternoon. Saturday was rain all day, then wife’s crazy sister came for a visit. Monday was nice and we came home.

I wanted to come give you a hand, but I also don’t want to just be in the way.
My wife might go back down for a funeral this week, not sure of date yet
Today is my first day being retired. I sang a Johnny paycheck song last Friday, so my schedule just became open. (It was planned)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,007  
I never even made it into town. MIL lives in the country about 15 minutes out. Sunday became filled with an unexpected lunch with her church so that blew the afternoon. Saturday was rain all day, then wife’s crazy sister came for a visit. Monday was nice and we came home.

Today is my first day being retired. I sang a Johnny paycheck song last Friday, so my schedule just became open. (It was planned)

You wouldn’t be in the way. Congratulations on retirement. That must be a good feeling.

I was woefully unproductive this weekend. My main plan was to get in the cabinets but that failed. Because that room gets electric from MX cables, I needed to address the electric first. Once the cabinets are in, I won’t be able to get the ladder in reach of the area I need to work. So I had to put ip some strut to support the lines. And Jefanna wanted it painted, which means I had to paint it and wait for it all to dry. Lets call what I did half done. I will be taking a day off this week to work on it. I have my install stuff for propane so I will be able to address that as soon as I get the cabinets in.
My shower pan build is going to be an absolute pain. My. Drain pipes are crooked. I did a crap job when I was putting in the rough plumbing and the drain pipes are coming up about 20 degrees off plumb. So I found a fitting that will allow me to straighten it. But by the time I get the fitting on with the shower drain above it, I am looking at a 7-8 inch step up for the pan( and a but more for the curb). I hate it. I cant chisel out the cement because i have two pex lines laid right up next to the pipe. that was a complete idiot move. And something an experienced builder would not have done.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,008  

Congrats. I highly recommend retirement. The hours are great!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,009  
Count me and my wife as 2 of the misty eyed crowd. I'm thanking the Lord for the successful surgery and overall improvement.

Lauren, you are special. You are also beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I believe you can now become just about whatever you want to be. As you "re-charge", and get the ability to take in more calories, I believe your own motivation and determination will become stronger than it ever was. Maybe you could become an advocate for people who are having to deal with what you just went through. (And I'm not saying that you still don't have a lot more to overcome.) But your (and your parents) story of perseverance until you found a team of doctors to listen, test, and operate on you is so much greater than anything college can throw at you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't have your health, it puts everything else on the back burner and puts the real important things of life into perspective. I work at a very large college, with lots of sophs, juniors, and seniors, so I am quite familiar with the daily tolls that collegiate life puts on young people. I try to tell the kids (yea, I call 'em my kids) that "there are so many avenues in life, and to try and understand them, and put them into perspective". Health things are important. Family is important. Most everything else is just a bunch of 1st world problems. I have been praying for you, and will continue. Now I will pray for more calories, more energy, and for you to get your "you" back (meaning a semblance of your life back). I pray for you to have happiness in life right now, with just the simple, little things, and spending time with your folks. Appreciate every sunrise, every sunset, friends coming to visit, and of course....coffee. :)

I'm thankful to the Lord for him answering your parents' wishes.

God Bless you.