My forum name is Pasture Dream

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #1  

pasture dream

Tractor
John Deere 830, 2755, 5320
Hello...I just register to this forum today after doing a web search on Pature Dream no till drill or planting. One of the hits I got led me back to this forum where somene was looking for information on a Pasture Dream no till drill. Just to let anyone who is interested know the "Pasture Dream" was first manufactured by Tayor machine company in the late 50's and was purchased later on by Midland. They are not manufactured today but they were very hardy planters. The modern no till drill made today has taken their place. There are still alot of these no till planters around...I have 3...1 Tayor and 2 Midlands. My brother has a Midland. These are still great planters for deer plots and small cattle operations where no till planting is desireable.
These no-till drill/planters can be used to plant most anything with no plowing. They plant in anytype soil condition and fertilize and pack in just one pass. Any one that needs information I can share with them....This vintage planter has become a hobby of mine in the restoration and use and I use it alot. I have recieved 4 call this fall from people who had just purchased one of these no till planters needing information and advice....happy to share informatioin.

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #4  
I brought a Midland 4 in today, and either going to have to buy a part or make some, the plow assembly is missing on 2 of the units, the whole assembly. rest of planter is really good shape, but missing a lid.

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet! We hope you enjoy the information available here and are able to share just as much. Best of luck! :welcome:

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #6  
Do you know where to find replacement cutter blades for them?

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #7  
there is a company that special makes the points and closing parts out west, I have there info somewhere,
as far as the "feet" you will have to make them.

if u need a owners manual, i still have it in pdf file.
send me a pm.

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #8  
you can get the drill points and seals from R&H Machine 800-321-6568

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream
Agri-Supply sales coulters...(Agrisupply.com) Pasture dreams use a couple of different coulters, waffle type or straight..I think you can probably get some that would work from agi-supply. You will probably have to do some adjustment with the axiels for center spacing.

/ My forum name is Pasture Dream #10  
Does this R&h machine have a part number for these drill points or boots with the flare? I just bought one yesterday and am pretty excited about doing some work to it. its actually in pretty good shape.