My boy will be paying taxes!

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Hey, he's only 16, but he went out, interviewed and got himself the job after applying online. Working the cash register at a decent eatery (I explained that even when I was in high school, I would worked the Hardee's register but got promoted to slicing the roast beef LOL). We'll be hoofing him ourselves (or my father) but will be worth it to give him the work experience. I've already been asking him, "if the total is $8.27 and you get a 10 dollar bill back with .27 in change, how much change you give back". I told him I didn't want him to be one of those kids at the register than can't figure out change if you enter in the wrong amount tendered at the register:laughing: (one area where even the most basic math helps you on the job:D).

Hey, he even agreed to get a haircut before his first day.

One down, one more to go...

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #3  
Hey, he's only 16, but he went out, interviewed and got himself the job after applying online. Working the cash register at a decent eatery (I explained that even when I was in high school, I would worked the Hardee's register but got promoted to slicing the roast beef LOL). We'll be hoofing him ourselves (or my father) but will be worth it to give him the work experience. I've already been asking him, "if the total is $8.27 and you get a 10 dollar bill back with .27 in change, how much change you give back". I told him I didn't want him to be one of those kids at the register than can't figure out change if you enter in the wrong amount tendered at the register:laughing: (one area where even the most basic math helps you on the job:D).

Hey, he even agreed to get a haircut before his first day.

One down, one more to go...

Congrats to you and you son. Bisquetteville?

A NC staple!

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #4  
Congratulations to you and your son. It's big step in life. I mowed lawns with my brother earlier but I remember my first "paycheck" job. I was also 16. I worked at Dairy Queen. Minimum wage back then was 90 cents an hour. I did so well after just one month they moved me to the busiest store in the San Antonio area and got a raise--To $1.10/hr. :laughing: Yabut, gas was only 19 cents a gallon back then and I already had my own car and driver's license.

Wish my daughter could pay taxes. :rolleyes: She's 44. Just moved in with her mother. (A previous life) My daughter was living in a school bus until her divorce became final. I guess she has it parked at her mother's place now. She's going through a tough period but she is smart--Just makes a lot of bad choices. She's looking for a car so I hope she'll settle down for a while. :garfield:

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #5  
Give him a real test. The bill is $8.27 and you hand them a $20.00 bill and 46 cents in change.

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #7  
My son is 11 and everytime we drive down the road he counts gutters and houses and said 'dad I could have made $500 bucks cleaning gutters by the time we've got to town.'

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #8  
Good for him..and you. In toys world...kids seem to think they are above working for a living...Example.....my father is moving into a condo this coming week...His large ( and heavy ) furniture needs to go there as well...My BIL texted and said it was going to be him, me and another guy doing that.... All over 50 years old. I said what about the 2 20 something kids with backs that are 30 years younger than ours....His response was that those kids aren't asked to do anything.... I said its a good time to pop their cherry.

/ My boy will be paying taxes!
Well, couple of work days under his belt, he's reallin enjoying the job (I could even tell that when I picked him up last night). Actually, he's washing dishes. As I told him, give it 110%, work as often as they ask you, and you're allowed to do, and if you leave, leave on GOOD terms. It only helps down the road for work experience. Funny enough, after he help us volunteer at some shelters in the past (where he did dishes), he said the job is actually easy compared to when he didn't get paid.

Stoped a restaurant after we dropped him off for work yesterday, and my other boy filled out an application there after talking to the manager. It was funny, she told us the only thing they would have available would be as a bus boy, and I just replied work is work. She laughed and agreed. Seemed promising, so perhaps they both will be working.

Thing is, work is out there, you just have to want to do it no matter what the pay is. THAT'S what I'm trying to instill into him.

/ My boy will be paying taxes! #10  
Good thing your kids dont seem to be afraid to work. The stories i can tell you about todays youth after owning my own company. One new hire....no previous electrical experience. I told him to get in the trench and work a flat shovel staying far behind the excavator to clean trench for wires. He had the gull to say “why dont you do it”. It was his first and his last day of work for me. Most new 1st year apprentices wanted to get paid the same as a 4 year journeyman. They dont understand....having to teach a new employee actually slows down a job. I was trying to give the youth some job training, they just are too **** lazy to deal with. My own brothers 3 kids have never held a job until after getting out of college. I worked since i was old enough to ride a bike and deliver papers.