My better half has been offered a job!

/ My better half has been offered a job! #11  
Bank the extra income and pull in your retirement date. Very good news and a super in demand field. Kudos to her!

/ My better half has been offered a job! #12  
Many are leaving with symptoms of PTSD because of the never ending flow of Covid patients. They need a break too. They are tired of fighting something that is mostly preventable.

Last edited:
   / My better half has been offered a job! #13  
18 months in employers are feeling the pushback... between high demand, no vax terminations, retirement and recently strikes... jobs remain in abundance...

/ My better half has been offered a job! #14  
Congrats.
Just don't be like that guy

/ My better half has been offered a job! #15  
SO AWESOME!! What a great feeling!! It is going to feel like winning the lottery every month! You ought to buy yourself something nice for all your hard work.

/ My better half has been offered a job! #16  
Good for her....and you. It will be good for her to work and have the ability to be independent if something should happen to you. There will be extra money --- ask her what she would like to do with it - save, invest, upgrade somethings. etc. My wife retired 3 years ago. But she works part time on jobs SHE chooses. Keeping her foot in the business keeps her in touch with close friends from work.
Now for a suggestion. Buy an Instapot pressure cooker. Then buy a chamber vacuum sealing machine from a restaurant store like webrestaurentstore.com. Then buy produces and seal them in meals so they can be opened and cooked in minutes. There will not be time for those long cooking times. Find her favorite resturant. Take here there regular basis. Or if expensive and always busy, take home carry out. You will both like it a lot. Best wishes. Congratulations to her.

/ My better half has been offered a job! #17  
Congrats!
First suggestion is invest in a hug machine, you can probably DIY but do it EVERY morning. She's liable to need a lot of support during present situations.

/ My better half has been offered a job! #18  
I'm married to a nurse, she has been off the floors for several years but still working at the same hospital.
I also know several other nurses some relatives, some not.
Do some get burnt out , Yes. But that is nothing new and covid has nothing to do with from what I'm hearing.
Hospital management and government mandates are much more then covid is causing.

/ My better half has been offered a job! #19  
Sounds like someone is getting a new tractor!

…kidding. Congratulations to her and your family. You don’t sound like the type where money burns a hole in your pocket. IMHO, stash a lot more away and think about how you can retire early…or pay for college, if you want.

/ My better half has been offered a job! #20  
Congrats (y) life just got little easier.