My 2007 MF1533 is overheating

/ My 2007 MF1533 is overheating #21  
If you are replacing the hoses, why not pull the radiator so you can fully flush the fins out? One other member on here did that and was amazed at the amount of dirt that came out.
I would, cause at that point you got maybe 3 cups coolant (due to any slant or off level issue) in it and may as well do full fin clean.
you're 90% there to begin with, just do it.

/ My 2007 MF1533 is overheating
Replacing the 2 hoses is easy, I'll check to see what removing the radiator entails but most likely will do it, to clean the fins easier.

/ My 2007 MF1533 is overheating #23  
FMFP... you never did say how the thermostat being stuck open related to the tractor overheating. Did you just mean stuck closed or ??

You're right, I never said how the thermostat being stuck open related to the tractor overheating because I don't know if that was the cause or just part of the cause. I just know it was stuck open and it's not made to work that way so I replaced it.

/ My 2007 MF1533 is overheating #25  
You're right, I never said how the thermostat being stuck open related to the tractor overheating because I don't know if that was the cause or just part of the cause. I just know it was stuck open and it's not made to work that way so I replaced it.
Well it can't be the cause because being stuck open makes the engine run cooler, NOT overheat. Oh well, no matter as long as you solve your problem.

Well it lasted yet another year and started overheating again. Seemed like it ran fine until it reached the point where it had to open the thermostat and found no relief so it just kept heating up. I removed the radiator and got it cleaned inside. The person told me it only had 2 lines where water would go through it. He believes that when I did the flushes it loosened and removed all that junk inside the engine and clogged up the radiator even more. I'm satisfied because now the tractor stays around 1/4 on the temp gauge and everyone is happy ! Can't wait to test it this summer in 104 degrees !!

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / My 2007 MF1533 is overheating #27  
Well it lasted yet another year and started overheating again. Seemed like it ran fine until it reached the point where it had to open the thermostat and found no relief so it just kept heating up. I removed the radiator and got it cleaned inside. The person told me it only had 2 lines where water would go through it. He believes that when I did the flushes it loosened and removed all that junk inside the engine and clogged up the radiator even more. I'm satisfied because now the tractor stays around 1/4 on the temp gauge and everyone is happy ! Can't wait to test it this summer in 104 degrees !!
Yep, sounds like THE right solution. I had essentially that same sequence on my daughter's BX2200 and did WAY too many goose chases at some expense and finally replacing the radiator fixed the overheating.