Mrs.tiller broke her back

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #31  
FYI for those that don't already know, you do not need a paid monthly service to make an emergency call. Any phone that can get a cell signal can be used. Some might consider picking up an extra or two to have on hand. I've seen them for $10-15 in some places. Maybe keep a cheap flip phone in your pocket while doing certain tasks rather than your more expensive smart one.

Bump. Good point! Keep it charged up too.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #32  
Glad to hear that she's feeling better.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #33  
Prayers are on the way. Don't forget to take care of yourself so you will be better able to care for her.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #34  
BigTiller, we will put Mrs BT on our prayer list. Very sorry to hear this happened and praying for a speedy recovery.

Mrs.TBS is afraid of heights so anything above the second step is out of her limit. My concern is that she will use cheap step stools to stand on. Cheap ladders, step stools scare me and she has them all over. I've bought better ones but she will not throw the cheap ones away.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back
My hat's off to you TBS. I have two 2-step ladders that I use, the ones that make a good stool also. I don't know how many times I have stood on the top wrung, only to loose my balance and have to jump to the ground. I think their last mission this year will be to fill up the empty spot in the big trash can. Tom's Trash is kind enough to come to my house every week and haul away all the things I don't want anymore.

Today was the first day of Skilled Care and already we are having insurance issues. Skilled Care says 3 weeks minimum and the insurance says 7 days maximum.
I've had the same insurance since 1973. I don't know why they are being so punitive....and they are only paying 80%, the other 20% is on my dime.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #36  
Hey BigTiller....don't know if you saw the demo on this ladder.
Little Giant King Kombo Fiberglass Ladder Perfect for Electricians - YouTube

But there towards the end the last safety feature is a audible indicator on the first rung to indicate that it is safe to exit the ladder.
The audible click is a human performance Que, indicating your one the first rung.
I plan on getting one because I have fallen twice in the infamous downward travel and stepping off the second rung.
Divine providence has kept me from going to ER twice.
So I feel yah......and on the insurance issue...well sir...all I can say is again I feel your pain.....based on first hand experience as well.
But let's not go there and allow our BP to remain stable...lol...
Speedy recovery for your bride.....!

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back
That ladder is nice. I don't do any electrical work so I would like the stay with the light aluminum ones. Fiberglass would be nice if I could find a small one with wheels. I'd really like to have a sturdy 4ft platform ladder on wheels someday.

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #38  
Those Little Giants are nice. On my must have list. !

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #39  
My hat's off to you TBS. I have two 2-step ladders that I use, the ones that make a good stool also. I don't know how many times I have stood on the top wrung, only to loose my balance and have to jump to the ground. I think their last mission this year will be to fill up the empty spot in the big trash can. Tom's Trash is kind enough to come to my house every week and haul away all the things I don't want anymore.

Today was the first day of Skilled Care and already we are having insurance issues. Skilled Care says 3 weeks minimum and the insurance says 7 days maximum.
I've had the same insurance since 1973. I don't know why they are being so punitive....and they are only paying 80%, the other 20% is on my dime.

Sometimes it looks like the insurance companies are intent on adding insult to injury. :fiery:

/ Mrs.tiller broke her back #40  

Today was the first day of Skilled Care and already we are having insurance issues..

BT, I ran into this same issue with the insurance people carrying a cancer rider on my wife's less than stellar policy. They continued saying they would not cover this and that. It got so bad that I became out of pocket liable for $12,000 within the first 6 weeks.
All I can say is, hire a lawyer. The type you don't pay unless they win your case.