Mod for in sump hydro filter for 200 series Jinma tractors

/ Mod for in sump hydro filter for 200 series Jinma tractors #1  

angelugs

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I've found a low cost hydraulic filter that fits ALMOST perfectly in my Jinma 284 tractor. The part number is 1687042M91. It's made to fit numerous Massey Fergusons. Supposedly there are at least two filters that show up using this number so be sure to purchase the one that is 3 1/2 in. tall and about 2 1/4 in. O.D. I purchase mine on ebay at hamiltonbobscubs for $11.00 shipped.

You will have to drill out the center hole that your suction tube runs through to 3/4 in. DON'T "WALLER" OUT THE HOLE!!! The lip on the tube that the element sits on is less than 1/16 in. I used a "stepped" reamer bit but a 3/4 in. bit should do fine. Since the OEM filter is only 3 in. tall you have to use a spacer to keep the filter from setting too high on the tube and sucking air. I used an 1 1/2 in. O.D. washer with a 3/4 in. I.D. hole which moved the filter element further down the tube towards the bottom of the sump. You can also use a piece of 3/4 in. copper tubing as a bushing just be sure to cut it at the correct length. The finished unit should be LESS than 6 1/4 in. in length.

I've only got a couple of hours on my tractor since installing the mod but so far it's working fine.

Last edited:
   / Mod for in sump hydro filter for 200 series Jinma tractors #2  
do you have any pictures?

/ Mod for in sump hydro filter for 200 series Jinma tractors
do you have any pictures?
Unfortunately no. I thought about taking pictures but truthfully I was so excited about finding the filter, how easy it was to modify and install I forgot to take any.