Mexican restaurant ground beef

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #22  
Badia also makes a 'Complete Seasoning' which is Adobo-based IMO. They also make 'Adobo With Complete Seasoning'.

It's a little easier to work with than Adobo, IMO. Careful with it. It can get a little strong.

If you live in 'White Bread' America, it can be difficult to find. You can order it, though. If it were me, I'd tell you to start with 'Complete Seasoning' from Badia. Good stuff.

1675784918497.png

Or maybe some of this might be better --

1675785047037.png

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef
If you live in 'White Bread' America, it can be difficult to find. You can order it, though. If it were me, I'd tell you to start with 'Complete Seasoning' from Badia. Good stuff.
Not sure what you mean by "white bread America", but I'm in N.H., about as far as you can get from the Mexican border in the lower 48.
I'll take a look for the complete seasoning.

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #24  
Not sure what you mean by "white bread America", but I'm in N.H., about as far as you can get from the Mexican border in the lower 48.
I'll take a look for the complete seasoning.
Every Region of the US has its own culture, its own cuisine. Usually more than one.

Middle America is Meat and Potatoes. If you don't want meat and potatoes, you can have meat and potatoes. And Green Beans.

I live in SW Florida, which has a lot of different cultures and cuisines. But not much in the way of Jewish food or ethnic Polish or German food (especially miss their Deli's) but a lot of Latin and Caribbean foods. Sweet, fried plantains are new to me and I like them. Seafood is a way of life down here. Love it.

As much as I dislike NYC (and trust me, I do. I really do) they have the best food in the world. Or, at least, they did at one time.

I have dear friends that live in Michigan and they don't even know what Sea Food is. Well, not really, but they never eat it. And you take your life in your hands if you order it at a Restaurant up there. Meat and Potatoes. And Green Beans.

They're (the whole area) is just now starting to discover Latin/Mexican food. Thankfully. And they're pretty good at it. I wanted to make some chili when I was up there so I went looking for my starter base of Rotel Chilis and Tomatoes. Couldn't find it. Anywhere.

Some friends of ours came in from New Mexico and, I guess according to them, they use a lot of chili powder in their Mexican cooking out there. Around here, that could get you shot. We use the peppers, grind the oregano, add in the paprika ourselves, etc. It doesn't hurt that we grow most of the Country's hot peppers near Tampa, so..... Everybody everywhere thinks they're the best grillers and smokers on the Planet (they're not, we are :) :) ) so I won't even go there.

Every place is different. I grew up in "White Bread' America. So did my Wife. So I'm basically just snarking. No harm intended.

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #25  
Well Michigan has some pretty good food out around Chicago, and have had some good steaks.
I spend a lot of time between country (home) and City. I like both, I know not many do.
Bought this home for the calm, the city can be like living in an unkept mall sometimes.

I like real Mexican food, and being lactose intolerant means I don't eat too much Tex-Mex.
Of course eating anywhere in Mexico outside high end tourist restaurants can lead to some pleasant, and sometimes very unpleasant adventures.
Mexican cuisine is varied from almost Spanish to traditional Native American.

But yes, making the food the same up here is difficult without the right ingredients.
Fresh ground and picked peppers are always going to make a difference, as is cooking something for hours to get the right flavors.

Why travel is fun. Some things just take too much time/experience to get done easily.

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #26  
We were born and grew up in Kentucky, after SEA we moved to Oregon what a difference! I learned a lot about sea food (I knew what catfish was ;)) but real sea food that came from the ocean :) yum!

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #27  
I lived on Long Island in NY, we used to pick our own mussels, get clams from a friends and blue claws from a neighbor. My brother still goes out for FLuke etc.
Love the Dungeness on the West coast too.
Areas where you don't need to butter seafood to cover the old taste :)

Anyone here try sofrito for their cooking base? Helps get the south of the border flavors without chopping and cooking for hours.

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #28  

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #29  
Every Region of the US has its own culture, its own cuisine. Usually more than one.

Middle America is Meat and Potatoes. If you don't want meat and potatoes, you can have meat and potatoes. And Green Beans.

I live in SW Florida, which has a lot of different cultures and cuisines. But not much in the way of Jewish food or ethnic Polish or German food (especially miss their Deli's) but a lot of Latin and Caribbean foods. Sweet, fried plantains are new to me and I like them. Seafood is a way of life down here. Love it.

As much as I dislike NYC (and trust me, I do. I really do) they have the best food in the world. Or, at least, they did at one time.

I have dear friends that live in Michigan and they don't even know what Sea Food is. Well, not really, but they never eat it. And you take your life in your hands if you order it at a Restaurant up there. Meat and Potatoes. And Green Beans.

They're (the whole area) is just now starting to discover Latin/Mexican food. Thankfully. And they're pretty good at it. I wanted to make some chili when I was up there so I went looking for my starter base of Rotel Chilis and Tomatoes. Couldn't find it. Anywhere.

Some friends of ours came in from New Mexico and, I guess according to them, they use a lot of chili powder in their Mexican cooking out there. Around here, that could get you shot. We use the peppers, grind the oregano, add in the paprika ourselves, etc. It doesn't hurt that we grow most of the Country's hot peppers near Tampa, so..... Everybody everywhere thinks they're the best grillers and smokers on the Planet (they're not, we are :) :) ) so I won't even go there.

Every place is different. I grew up in "White Bread' America. So did my Wife. So I'm basically just snarking. No harm intended.
Good summary. But a bit of additional information regarding New Mexico. In our state, there is “Mexican Food” and “New Mexican food.” New Mexican food is heavily influenced by Native American foods and we use red or green “chile” not chili. In NM chile is the pepper, and chili is a bowl of stew. All NM dishes are usually smothered in either red or green chile sauce (or both - this is known as Christmas). There are a lot of dishes that are very different in Mexican and New Mexican cooking, and some are similar, but the sauces are different. Some of the Native American influences include fried breads and squashes that are a staple of NM cooking, along with corn. A bit of trivia: New Mexico chile was actually developed here by the NM state university college of agriculture in the early 1900s. It is a much larger pepper than most chiles found around the world and has a distinctive flavor. We consider it the gold standard for peppers and the university still holds patents for each pepper and new releases.

/ Mexican restaurant ground beef #30  
Good summary. But a bit of additional information regarding New Mexico. In our state, there is “Mexican Food” and “New Mexican food.” New Mexican food is heavily influenced by Native American foods and we use red or green “chile” not chili. In NM chile is the pepper, and chili is a bowl of stew. All NM dishes are usually smothered in either red or green chile sauce (or both - this is known as Christmas). There are a lot of dishes that are very different in Mexican and New Mexican cooking, and some are similar, but the sauces are different. Some of the Native American influences include fried breads and squashes that are a staple of NM cooking, along with corn. A bit of trivia: New Mexico chile was actually developed here by the NM state university college of agriculture in the early 1900s. It is a much larger pepper than most chiles found around the world and has a distinctive flavor. We consider it the gold standard for peppers and the university still holds patents for each pepper and new releases.
Lived in Albuquerque in the late 1950's and really enjoyed the food. I think the Chile Rellenos (sp?) were my favorite. I think the food is the thing I miss most about NM, but did stumble on to a great Mexican restaurant called Enriques...it's at the airport in Ponca City. I'm told that there are private pilots from all over the SW that stop just to eat there.