Meadows of Dan Farm Service

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
I was doing a search on the NH web site for dealers in SW Virginia and this dealer is no longer listed. Anyone in this area know what has happened to them? It hasn't been too many years ago that they stocked tractors to the tune of 75-100 units from subcompacts to up through the over 100 HP class. This was a long time Ford New Holland dealer, dating back to 1965.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #2  
Still there. Mdfarmservice.com. On 58 in Meadows of Dan. Don't know if they still carry a line of tractors

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #3  
Pat's dealership is still open. He no longer has the NH franchise, but still has some new NH tractors on the lot. I know that he cut back on staff, and I think he is wanting to retire, but every time I drive by he has different stuff on the lot, and tons of attachments, mowers, ect.:confused:

Bill

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #4  
i just ordered some new tines for my tiller from them a couple of days ago. for a while they didn't have a mechanic and their repair shop closed down. that may still be the case. i bought my 1710 there back in 1990. there are some other dealers around here, one in Salem and one in Wytheville.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #5  
the dealler in wytheville don't have NH any more all they have is kobota. the only nh dealler around here is d&h tractor in chilhowie unless you go to abingdon or there may be a nh dealer in dublin.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #6  
What's going on with all these dealers closing up? I thought the ag economy was strong right now. Or is it just guys ready to retire and no market to sell their business? Or are the manufacturers like NH and JD not renewing or canceling their dealer franchise contracts? Seems like a not good thing for consumers in more ways than one.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #7  
Meadows of Dan Farm service is still there, I bought a box blade from them last year. The still have some NH tractors on the lot but I don't think they are a dealer anymore. Not sure what the whole story is behind that, but they had lots of new-old-stock tractors/equipment, etc which tells me they weren't willing to deal on a lot of stuff. There are 'new' tractors and backhoes there that are 10+ years old. In the show room there are 'new' Stihl chainsaws that are many years old (like a 009 and 038) and new generators that look to be from the early '90s. The box blade I bought was a NOS unit almost 20yrs old (I paid full MSRP for it, but it was still a good deal as that was a mid-1990s price, lol) Kinda weird, but an interesting place.

As for the dealer in Wytheville, Fowlkes Machine co hasn't carried Ford/New-Holland for many years. A couple years back D&H from Chilhowie setup a second dealership in Wytheville but couldn't make a go of it. I guess there just wasn't the market, they folded in about 6mo.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #8  
Salem Va has Boone Tractor which is a New Holland dealer and they have branches in Bedford Lewisburg WVa and in Danville. They service our skid loaders and backhoe

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #10  
looks like they have some stuff that has sat around a long time
could be a good auction tho