Max distance driving Ventrac 4500z to site

/ Max distance driving Ventrac 4500z to site #1  

neopheous

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK4010
I just purchased a new 4500z and I have about 114 acres 2 miles from my home. Has anyone trekked their Ventrac that far to mow, or do you just load it up on a trailer for anything over a couple hundred yards? My Kioti CK4010 I just drive there and back when I need to do work, but I am not sure with this... I had heard running these in high gear puts a lot of strain on the hydraulics. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since you would assume if a piece of equipment has a high and low range you should be able to run in either all day long. I understand running low gear for slopes, or rough conditions, which I would probably never take it out of low gear once at the property, but just wondered if you could drive it to/from there the 2 miles in high gear without any damage.

/ Max distance driving Ventrac 4500z to site #2  
If you restrain yourself to 3/4 throttle you should be fine.
Two miles at 8 mph will take 15 minutes.

Ventrac specs forward top speed for 4500z at 10 mph.

Last edited:
   / Max distance driving Ventrac 4500z to site
Sounds good. I’m not in a hurry and I would spend more than 15 minutes probably hooking the trailer up, setting the ramps up, and taking them down to get it loaded, then strapped in, and then doing that again in reverse when I got on site. That’s the main reason I wanted to just drive it there so I didn’t have to go thru all that, but not at the expense of tearing something up of course. Thanks for the response.