Max 24 Front snowblower gear sprocket issue

/ Max 24 Front snowblower gear sprocket issue #1  

NE Snowblower

Tractor
Mahindra Max 24
So my hydraulic snowblower chute (MXSB-56) stopped working today. The gear sprocket that turns the chute was still spinning, but the issue turned out to be the sprocket lowered itself from the rotating ring, so the teeth were not meeting each other. Does anyone know if this supposed to happen or is this a sign the hydraulic motor maybe on its way out. I was able to take a screwdriver and lift the sprocket back up to engage the ring, but not sure if this temporary fix or if it's a sign the motor which the sprocket is connected to is failing. Thanks

/ Max 24 Front snowblower gear sprocket issue #2  
A photo would help. Sounds like the sprocket is sliding down on the motor shaft. There may be a set screw loose in the sprocket that needs tightening. Another fix would be to put a zip tye under the sprocket to keep it in place. If the hydraulic motor is not leaking, it is probably fine.

/ Max 24 Front snowblower gear sprocket issue
A photo would help. Sounds like the sprocket is sliding down on the motor shaft. There may be a set screw loose in the sprocket that needs tightening. Another fix would be to put a zip tye under the sprocket to keep it in place. If the hydraulic motor is not leaking, it is probably fine.
So I took your advise and used a zip tie and it's a workable temporary fix. But my curiosity had me contacting the manufacturer up in Canada since this is the second occurrence. Bought the Max 24 January of 2015, but the snow blower, although new at the time had a 2013 manufacture date. Long story short, a bulletin (700833) came out in 2015 requesting all the dealers to retrofit the snow blowers with a 1/4" spacer under the sprocket and a new ring that goes between the 2 rings on the chute base. All these parts are supplied with the 700833 kit along with longer carriage bolts to account for the added ring. Of course the dealer never contacted me and they're playing coy. So I have asked them to get me the kit and I think it should be their responsibility since the kit came out while it was under warranty. We'll see how that goes. The manufacturer was great with answering all questions along with a diagram to install the kit if I want to take on the challenge. I ordered a new sprocket, but any suggestions on how to get the old socket head screw out of the current sprocket? I think the Loc-Tite has the screw(s) lodged in there pretty tight and I may have rounded out the hex hole with the Allen wrench I tried using. Thanks again

Last edited:
   / Max 24 Front snowblower gear sprocket issue #4  
Going to need a photo or 2 and then maybe we can come up with a suggestion