Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs #1  

oledan

Tractor
Ford 1710 MF35
Can someone tell me or point me in right direction? What are M1143,M1145 Massey specs for hydraulic oil? So far i have been unable to find actual numbers.

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs
Yea, i've seen couple posts like that, but i was just curious when i see under Massey Ferguson "M1141,M1143" etc, what those numbers refer to. Are they Massey specs? Just curious to see those numbers.

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs #4  
There is no 3rd party testing on hydraulic oil like engine oil. This means any oil manufacturer can claim anything and theres no one checking.

If you care about your machine, it has wet clutches, wet brakes or is hydrostatic buy the oil from the dealer.

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs
So you're saying for example if Shell makes Permatran for AGCO, that it is better than the fluid they put in a pail with their "Shell" label on it?

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs #6  
So you're saying for example if Shell makes Permatran for AGCO, that it is better than the fluid they put in a pail with their "Shell" label on it?
Its prob got different additives or wet clutch protection. You could send both off for a oil lab test and find out.

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs #7  
You have an owners manual? What does it state? Follow it's specification. Easy peasy.

/ Massey Ferguson hydraulic oil specs #8  
Yea, i've seen couple posts like that, but i was just curious when i see under Massey Ferguson "M1141,M1143" etc, what those numbers refer to. Are they Massey specs? Just curious to see those numbers.
Yes, the M specs are Massey specs.

Are you a long distance from your dealer? Avoid any of those off brand oils that you find at farm stores. If you cant get Agco oil, check out shell.

Last edited: