Massey Ferguson 7's

/ Massey Ferguson 7's #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Well, I still want to add a full size classic Massey to my collection, but I just scored two 1971 MF 7's. The one with no hubcaps needs motor work and the one with hubcaps needs a seat. Both have mower decks.

I'm just going to clean them up. I don't want to touch the paint as they are all original. Well at least the one with hubcaps is.....the other seems to be a darker shade of red?

Attachments

• 20210618_113727.jpg
    20210618_113727.jpg
    997.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 20210618_163102.jpg
    20210618_163102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • 20210618_163124.jpg
    20210618_163124.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 129
   / Massey Ferguson 7's #2  
Well, I still want to add a full size classic Massey to my collection, but I just scored two 1971 MF 7's. The one with no hubcaps needs motor work and the one with hubcaps needs a seat. Both have mower decks.

I'm just going to clean them up. I don't want to touch the paint as they are all original. Well at least the one with hubcaps is.....the other seems to be a darker shade of red?
Hey Paystar ! Nice take on those 2-1971 M-F 7's (y), Are those running Kolhler engines :unsure:? & that's a + getting them both with mower decks , Again nice haul there;).

/ Massey Ferguson 7's
Thanks Can Do. They are Tecumseh horizontal shaft engines. One engine is seized in the one with no hub caps.

I'm going to see if it can be saved. If not I will repower it. I have a brand new Mitsubishi engine sitting here.

The other one is good and staying all original.

I figured one would be good for the wife to drive at the fairs and parades when I have my Allis Chalmers CA there.

I have read they are built by AMF. Both serial numbers are for 1971, but I see there are very slight differences between them and different shades of red?

I really want to get a Massey Ferguson full size from the 1971 to early 80's. I used to live by an MF dealer back then so I have a soft spot for that era.

/ Massey Ferguson 7's #4  
Thanks Can Do. They are Tecumseh horizontal shaft engines. One engine is seized in the one with no hub caps.

I'm going to see if it can be saved. If not I will repower it. I have a brand new Mitsubishi engine sitting here.

The other one is good and staying all original.

I figured one would be good for the wife to drive at the fairs and parades when I have my Allis Chalmers CA there.

I have read they are built by AMF. Both serial numbers are for 1971, but I see there are very slight differences between them and different shades of red?

I really want to get a Massey Ferguson full size from the 1971 to early 80's. I used to live by an MF dealer back then so I have a soft spot for that era.
The one that needs a seat only is in beautiful condition & the wheel covers look like they are in brand new condition! I just found out late last year that M-F was making riding mowers for Snapper & Snapper is making them for M-F now , The only reason I bring that up is I'm into Snapper mowers & I have 4 of them that I still use except for the 74 Snapper Comet which I took out service to refurbish it & a engine rebuild,It originally had a 8 hp Tecumseh & I replaced it with a 8 hp B&S 25 years ago & I say a refurbishment because I still plan to use it, But it is going to get a repaint & all new decals & it's a rear engine rider & I have a 2012 as well & a 86 ,90 self propelled walk behind both of these I still use but the 86 is going to get a repaint & then the 90 & I saw your M-F 7's & I was thinking I would love to have one of those. But it is nice to see them & that You got the mowing decks with them is awesome thanks for the reply & one other thing they have a big show every year in Dover PA. on garden tractors & riding mowers.

/ Massey Ferguson 7's #5  
The one that needs a seat only is in beautiful condition & the wheel covers look like they are in brand new condition! I just found out late last year that M-F was making riding mowers for Snapper & Snapper is making them for M-F now , The only reason I bring that up is I'm into Snapper mowers & I have 4 of them that I still use except for the 74 Snapper Comet which I took out service to refurbish it & a engine rebuild,It originally had a 8 hp Tecumseh & I replaced it with a 8 hp B&S 25 years ago & I say a refurbishment because I still plan to use it, But it is going to get a repaint & all new decals & it's a rear engine rider & I have a 2012 as well & a 86 ,90 self propelled walk behind both of these I still use but the 86 is going to get a repaint & then the 90 & I saw your M-F 7's & I was thinking I would love to have one of those. But it is nice to see them & that You got the mowing decks with them is awesome thanks for the reply & one other thing they have a big show every year in Dover PA. on garden tractors & riding mowers.
Oh! I forgot to send You a picture Of my Snappers , Left to right 74,86,90, & 2012.
IMG_20200607_083712.jpg
IMG_20200607_083712.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 7's
Cool Can Do. I have a John Deere JS48 self propelled push mower that is made by Snapper.

I recently read that also about Snapper making mowers for MF. What years did that cover?

I'd love to get to PA some time for a trip. That would be cool for the wife and I to take both lawn tractors.

You can see in the pic of the two together....those wheel covers were pretty rusty when I got it, but SOS pads cleaned them right up.

/ Massey Ferguson 7's #7  
Cool Can Do. I have a John Deere JS48 self propelled push mower that is made by Snapper.

I recently read that also about Snapper making mowers for MF. What years did that cover?

I'd love to get to PA some time for a trip. That would be cool for the wife and I to take both lawn tractors.

You can see in the pic of the two together....those wheel covers were pretty rusty when I got it, but SOS pads cleaned them right up.
Hey Paystar ! I couldn't find a definitive answer on a date or year , But from what I could find I'd say between the mid 70''s to late 70's :unsure:? & I did see where AMF did manufacture them for a few years for M-F & also Snapper is still manufacturing front engine riding mowers for Massey-Ferguson & Snapper is currently owned by B&S & that is cool about Snapper making that mower for J-D I did not know that:cool:.

/ Massey Ferguson 7's
I started searching for another set of hubcaps and a steering wheel center cap for sale on the internet but so far no luck. I found a steering wheel cap but it was faded worse than the one bad one I have.

/ Massey Ferguson 7's #9  
I started searching for another set of hubcaps and a steering wheel center cap for sale on the internet but so far no luck. I found a steering wheel cap but it was faded worse than the one bad one I have.
Hey Paystar ! Do You need any help looking for those Items :unsure: ?

/ Massey Ferguson 7's
No big panic Can Do, but if you ever come across any I'd be interested. I'd like to keep them as original looking as possible.

I'll try and get better pics of what I have later today.